okayy so ive been playing seriously for about a year now and i think im pretty decent but i have one major problem.. when i play i have a havit of just tucking my pinky on my fretting hand away and never using it.. instead of making it easier for myself and fretting with the pinky i made a bad habit out of just stretching a little extra with the ring finger.. Does anyone know how to stop this habit?? ive been trying to use my pinky alot more but i need to know some things that work for others so im not wasting my time..

any help is appreciated.. thanks in andvance..
yes i reccomend just doing simple exersizes that you would normally do with ur first 2 fingers and do it with your last two and do that until the habit gos away
do the chromatic scaled on each string.

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

and have each set of four eg. 1 2 3 4 = first finger, middle, ring, pinky respectively.

do that on each string holding your piky as close to the neck as possible.
then try it with hammer ons and missing out notes etc. experiment.
15 mins of that a day and you'll be good in a few weeks
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
okayy thanks guys.. ill try these out.. i really need to kill this habit soon because im in a band with a few of my friends and im our lead guitarist.. the only thing holding me back from becoming really good is this.. it hinders my playing sooooo muchh...
Last edited by xGeeTaR4LiFEx at Nov 4, 2008,