I want to get a KE3 but am not sure on the colour. I like the sound of Trans Blue but can't find any good pics. I have found a couple - one is a nice deep blue (and has silver bridge and left facing head) the other is a turquoisy colour.

1st blue one i found

turqoisy looking one

There must only be one kind of KE3 yet they look so different. Can someone please show me a pic of what one should look like. (and colbalt if you have one ) Thanks.
i like the turquise one
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
^agreed
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
the thing is - i want to know why they are different - the head and bridge colour etc. theres only one type of KE3 so what is the blue one?
as far as i know its just the finish of the hardware, i dont know what to believe though, my friend bought an eerie dess swirl KE3 that was supposed to have nickel hardware, but it was black when he got it
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Last edited by dan ramP at Nov 5, 2008,
i think the first one is an older model- it has duncan designed pickups and a different trem. the second one *might* be the newer model, but i don't think i've tried the blue one so i wouldn't want to say for sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First one is an older model with Duncan designed pups, reverse headstock and nickel (softer) bridge. I guess it's pre-Fender.
Since eBay is blocked in my office I can't see the second picture, but the newer ones have real SD pups (JB/Jazz), black (and better than older) hardware like this:
Go to Jackson's site to learn more:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Pro-Series&page=1&product=2912000503#
thanks for the help - it's so annoying that they never have proper pics of trans blue/black and cobalt : (
The first one's silver hardware on the bridge doesnt look as good as the black one on the second.
The are old versions of the KE3 with different necks and inferior pups and LFR, so you gotta look at the specs to see what version your buying.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!