So the time has come for me to get a tube amp.

I'm gonna be playing a US Strat through it, most definitely through a smaller-sized pedalboard, and (for now) going to have it mic'ed for almost everything.

I'm mainly going to be playing worship, so I've been looking for something that will respond well to effects (especially moving between clean and overdriven tones or for switching from rhythm to lead mid-song), and for something low-wattage enough to be practicable in my dorm room but still loud enough to assert itself over drums, bass, and an acoustic guitar during a worship service (while mic'ed of course).

Here's my issue though; for some reason I'm finding myself attracted to the Fender Blues Junior.

I love Fender amps, the old cliche of them making a Strat "sound like a Strat should" is pretty much true, but I wonder about getting something so low wattage. I've never owned a Blues Junior, though I've played through one, and I'm concerned about it being loud enough to worship and maybe an occasional gig during the week.

So, any thoughts? Opinions?
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
can't help ya there brother.. I'm using a fender 212R w/ a les paul.. so we're on opposite ends of the world there.. the only thing I can offer is that I've heard great things about the blues Jr. (for the price and size) .. I would recommend reading the reviews at musiciansfriend
they may be able to shed some more light ..
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
I don't think you'll have a problem at all if you're miking the amp. Also, tube wattage sounds a lot louder than solid state amps with the same amount of wattage. A 15 watt tube amp might even be able to keep up with the drums without a mic.
I have a 100W head and it is way overkill. I've never turned up past 5 o' clock even at big shows with no mics.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
i just got a blues jr. and i play my american deluxe strat through it and it really does bring out what makes strats great. also i play through an 85 watt fender deluxe reverb which is incredibly loud and my tone is pretty much unchanged between the two amps, i would def recommend it. plus both amps are incredibly pedal friendly and the reverb is incredibly lush
Well I'd read all the reviews on Musician's Friend, just wanted another perspective. Well from the sound of things it's what I'm looking for, I'll probably just take the money I'd save by getting one and invest in a highish-quality microphone.

Thanks all, I appreciate it!
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Another amp you might want to concider is the Peavey Classic 30, it has the 30 watts that will easily get over a drumer and stay clean, now the the BJ will get over the drumer, but will probably tend to Over drive, your better off going with somthing closer to 30 watts if your looking for enough clean head room to get over a drumer.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
i had a full band play at my work with horns and everything, and the blues junior cut through the mix without being mic'ed or anything. I was surprised and amazed, because I always had the impression that bjrs were pretty quiet. Like JB said above me, if you want volume that will definitely be enough, check out a 30 watt amp (Peavey C30 is very good).

BUT I recommend buying one and miccing it. A shure SM58 or 57 should do just fine and you'll be very satisfied.
Last month I a/b'd a Fender Blues Junior and a Peavey Classic 30. Here's my opinion...
The Peavey has better features like an effects loop, BUT, and I mean a big but; The Fender just sounds better. Crisper cleans, it breaks up fatter, and has more low end punch. Just imagine if you change the stock crap tubes in it what it will do. I'm looking to pick up one now. I've owned over 12 amps in the 20 some odd years I've been playing and producing bands. This little amp rocks for blues, country, standard rock and jazz. Want to play metal, get yourself a Visual Sound, "Son of Hyde" pedal and you're home free.
Hope this helps...