Page 1 of 2
There I admit it. I mean don't get me wrong I love playing and I love metal/shred, but that's not the only reason I play. I REALLY want to be far superior then my friend. He's been playing for 2 and 1/2 years. I've been playing 1 year and 2 months. Everyone thinks he's some god. Everyone wants to hang out with him and jam with him. But then everyone thinks I suck when they see me play. They are right I do suck, but he is NOT better then me. I can actually play lead somewhat and know a few scales. He can't solo period. I'm just suck of it. He's a hack. He plays mostly metalcore crap. He also has that rocker look. I have a normal joe/hardcore rap fan look.

Someday when I am better I just want to pick up the guitar and shred the shit out of it. Just to show everyone I am light years ahead of him in terms of playing ability. That's one HUGE reason I play so many hours.

This is probably why everyone thinks I'm an asshole. Well **** them.
You're right...you are an asshole.

Playing guitar is nothing about trying to be better than anyone else, its just an instrument. Have fun with it!
write it in your blog.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
i understand how you feel tbg..... i'm in the same posish, i take solice in the fact that he knows deep down im better than him

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by thefeedingend
you are a douche.

also what the **** is the "hardcore rap fan" look?

Its that fitted gangsta caps, big sweatshirts with weird designs, usually baggy pants too.

Some people call them "wiggers" but "hardcore rap fan" is what they call themselves to feel better.
my guitar playing friends motivate me to keep playing because there's a few better than me so i have to continually practice to keep up with what they're doing. don't think of it as a competition, so what if you're better than him? just keep practicing and eventually he could plateau his ability and you'll zoom right by.
Quote by SillyRabbit
Dont ever post here again? Got it?

ALL HAIL MIGHY LORD OF THE PIT!!!!!

Cause you can say who can and can not come into The Pit?
Quote by o_hai_dere
There I admit it. I mean don't get me wrong I love playing and I love metal/shred, but that's not the only reason I play. I REALLY want to be far superior then my friend. He's been playing for 2 and 1/2 years. I've been playing 1 year and 2 months. Everyone thinks he's some god. Everyone wants to hang out with him and jam with him. But then everyone thinks I suck when they see me play. They are right I do suck, but he is NOT better then me. I can actually play lead somewhat and know a few scales. He can't solo period. I'm just suck of it. He's a hack. He plays mostly metalcore crap. He also has that rocker look. I have a normal joe/hardcore rap fan look.

Someday when I am better I just want to pick up the guitar and shred the shit out of it. Just to show everyone I am light years ahead of him in terms of playing ability. That's one HUGE reason I play so many hours.

This is probably why everyone thinks I'm an asshole. Well **** them.

i dont think you're an asshole. this thing happened to me, my music teacher and everyone praised him, they thought i was good but i wasnt nowhere near as good as this guy. so i would constantly and like not show anyone till we had a school show where it was like solo people, i just shredded and soloed the **** out of him; now everyone wants me in their band

my music teacher loves me and asked me to tutor guitar club on friday lunch times instead of him because he thinks i am way better than him.

by the way, i do not play shred anymore, i have learnt differant styles from my metal phase, im more hard-blues/funk now
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
wow.. we use the term "friend" loosely, don't we ? My friend and I are always trying to get the better of each other, but we do it to edify one another.. so that we both get better.. he's always pushing me to be a better musician,, and I'm always challenging him to be the best he can be.. rock on...
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
I got better at guitar that way too, 6 hours a day and practising my hands on a gripmaster when i'm not practising guitar. I woke up at 6, practised till 7.30 went to school and then started to play again from 4.30 till 9 (after that I was supposed to study, barely got trough my last two years)
after 2 years and a half, I started shredding some stuff from rising force (malmsteen) I still remember amazing my friends with playing icarus' dream suite

go for it mate!
I look like a 50yo fat guy and I can make your friend cry.
Wait. I am a 50yo fat guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Here's what you do, you whammy without a whammy bar and put him to shame 'cos he can't.

This.

How is this thread not closed?
dont try to be beat him
just play with fun
a guitarist is an artist, not exactly a fighter or something like that
if they think he's better than you, is their problem
you know you're good and better than him
just dont worry
they will know you're good if you know how and what to play
I picked up a guitar because I liked making music.
Then a month after, this chick totally PWNed me at guitar, made me look like complete sh*t (she didn't do it on purpose though, she's a chill person)
After that, my new motivation was to be able to play up to her level faster than she had achieved her own level (if that makes any sense). She's been playing for 5+ years, I've been playing for 1, and I believe I am already half or more of her skill level.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Wtf...ive been playing for 4 years...how come im not a God?

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE PROGRESS TO "GODS" SO FAST ?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee

I've been playing for a year on my birthday, Nov 13... and I'm still pretty bad.
But I know what you mean, there are people who are like.. well gods and they've been playing for a little more then I.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
I've been playing for a year on my birthday, Nov 13... and I'm still pretty bad.
But I know what you mean, there are people who are like.. well gods and they've been playing for a little more then I.

We gotta stick together

I love you man *hugs*

>.>

Stepco's Master
i don't get it. somewhere in that horrible paragraph of crap you said "i know i am better than him". if you "know" your better than him, why are you jealous of him if you have everything he has?
Quote by jshwak
wow.. we use the term "friend" loosely, don't we ? My friend and I are always trying to get the better of each other, but we do it to edify one another.. so that we both get better.. he's always pushing me to be a better musician,, and I'm always challenging him to be the best he can be.. rock on...

same thing with me and RG PROG
You just sound really jealous of him, I don't know if that was your intention but it came off like that. I'd suggest accepting your not as good and be nice to him if you aren't as good. If your better than him even though people say you suck, don't let it get to you.
Ts, Ur Original Post is The reason why noone wants to jam with you. Go fap!!

**Starts thinking about it, in a more serious way**..

....You talk BS! Go fap and feel better!

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by yellowfrizbee
We gotta stick together

I love you man *hugs*

>.>

*hugs*

IT'll BE OKAY!!

<.<
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by o_hai_dere
I have a normal joe/hardcore rap fan look.

But normal Joe isnt a rap fan
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by yellowfrizbee

I've been playing for 4 decades and I'm not a God.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by St.Loony
Becasue he got shot by the rival gang

Really?

That guy was cool

Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Quote by Jackal58
I've been playing for 4 decades and I'm not a God.

Awww thats not true

Stepco's Master
yeah i want to be better than my friends at guitar, they r really good and have been playing for over 2 years, but wen i pick up a guitar, i just play it for fun and to get better, not so i can better than them, cuz unless they quit they will be better than me. also my friends have no friends, and i have stopped hanging out with them cuz they r dousches. so yeah u r an asshole, how bout u start socializing with people instead, cuz that is what they like him for, and playing is probably just a skill that he has that people like.
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Quote by chrispfried
also my friends have no friends, and i have stopped hanging out with them cuz they r dousches. .

"cuz they r dousches"

Heheheh
Quote by Kumanji

Quote by JDawg
Page 1 of 2