i take good care of my amp cords. yet 3 have broken this year, all about $10 a piece. any suggestions on good brands of amp cords that dont break from sitting beside the amp? lol
speaker cables or instrument cables?

I use Planet Waves and they are quite nice (instrument cables)

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Planet Waves, Mogami, George L's, Monster, etc, etc...

It's really all based on preference, but a good rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for. If you're only spending 10 bucks on a cable don't expect it to last forever.
Quote by Erkekjetter
It's really all based on preference, but a good rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for.

Not for cables.

There's plenty of cheap cables that sound better and last longer than cables 3-4 times their price. Cable manufacturers put a bunch of non-sense pieces on their cables to ask more for the cable, when really what they add degrades the sound or does little to nothing, for a lot more.

Quote by ginjaninja
get proper ones. long, expensive, good quality.

Long cables degrade your sound signal.

TS, what kind of cables are you using now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ive heard very good things about the gearge L's, pity i dont know where to buy them!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Continental or something. The box bragged so much about being "Made In America!!" gee thats patriotic.
DAK
Quote by MatrixClaw
There's plenty of cheap cables that sound better and last longer than cables 3-4 times their price. Cable manufacturers put a bunch of non-sense pieces on their cables to ask more for the cable, when really what they add degrades the sound or does little to nothing, for a lot more.

That's why I said it's a good rule of thumb, not the end all and be all of factual truth. For the most part, more expensive cables from well regarded manufacturers are going to be of higher quality than crappy Wal Mart cables. While many "expensive" cables probably cost more than they should, you're still better off than with a cheap cable that's worth exactly what you paid for it. Unless your primary concern is saving money in the short term of course.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Nov 4, 2008,
learn to solder!. every time i've ever broken a cable. it was due to the solder connection on the end or a short in the wiring near the end (in which case you'd chop that little piece of cable off, solder the end back on and away you go)
I've tried a few cables in the past year and the only ones that stood the test of time were the............................

Fender California cable and the Monster cables
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by _Sanitarium_
learn to solder!. every time i've ever broken a cable. it was due to the solder connection on the end or a short in the wiring near the end (in which case you'd chop that little piece of cable off, solder the end back on and away you go)

i tried to solder it once, i kinda made it worse lol
DAK
Check out Cleartone cables. There are in the UK but they can ship to US for a good price.
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Quote by _Sanitarium_

I agree. I've got a Horizon 10 ft. cable that I bought (for around $8 or $9) about 11 years ago and I'm still using it today. I've had to re-solder the end on it several times but it's still working.
All of this discussion can stuff itself.

Every one of these comes to the same point. A cable won't detract from your sound enough for anyone to notice, just make SURE YOU GET A LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."