Hey. I have been playing guitar for like 3 years now, and the last weeks i have been playing less and less. I got me a Gibson Les paul standard, so I really should been playing more. Im also using much of my time on computers, and next year im gonna choose school, so I have to find out if im gonna go in for music or computer engineering or something. Is the music way hard? Is it hard to earn cash on music etc.. Please come with some wiewpoints, and if you know something that could help getting into the playing again.

PLease hold on-topic, and thanks for answers
First of all I think the lack of replies shows how you are directing your question to the wrong audience.

Then again, considering you only just joined we're not your only hope in answering.

That said, yes, it's extremely hard to make a living making music, that is, creatively. If you join or start a band to play your own songs don't expect not to have another job as well. Actually that's how most of Guitar Center's employees end up there. If you want to attend classes or even school focusing on music, you have got to be sure that this is exactly what you want and what you are capable of.
You could become an audio engineer, like a tech, in clubs etc. but don't expect to make as much money as a computer engineer. Maybe you get discounts on beer, though.
You could become a producer, but if you want to take courses on music production take in account that internships in studios are volunteer-based, you won't make any money so that's gotta come from somewhere else and is going to take a lot of time.
You could become a music teacher yourself, but is that something you want to do fulltime for the rest of your life?

Or you could be really ambitious and talented and make it in the music industry. But then not wanting to pick up yer Gibson is not a good start. To get back into playing simply learn the songs you love most and play them a lot.

...question is, will the TH even read this? Oh well
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Hey. Thanks for the fast answer. I have been on the forum before, just couldn't remember my accountname, either could i find a "lost password" link, so I just created a new one.

I have made a mind, that if im gonna go in for seriously music, I dont have time to study the "computer engineering" or other "long" studies. Than I will probably end up in a bad payed job. So if im going in for music, i will probably play guitar 6+ hours a day, dont have time for studies. I think being a music teacher is good payed, as a private teacher, but still this is a hard choice.

And what did you mean with "will the TH even read this" ?
Only thing is if your interest is waning now, are you really going to be willing to put the hours upon hours of work in. Tough to make a living in the music industry tho, so think about it i suppose.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Several prestigious instutes exist that offer speciales audio courses as a full time programme (I could name a few in Europe but I don't know in the US. Berkley or something? Oh I don't know I suppose you would) and if you are accepted there - you have to audition - you at least have a good chance of getting somewhere. A professional board will approve (or not) your application and audition and provide comment as to whether or not they think youu are ready. By all means you could enroll for such a programme and see what they think, then if it's a no by all means do computer something anyway.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73