Alright, i know its another one of these posts but i'm not too sure.
I have this Jackson RR3 and i was wondering if you guys thought it was
a good trade for the zakk wylde LP?
Anything info would help i guess.
Ta
Quote by 66titan66
Ta

its not a bad deal, great if its a gibson and not bad if its an epiphone. i personally wouldnt do it, but thats because i can stand signature guitars and yes i am aware that RR is a rhandy rhoads guitar but so many people use them and have their own custom i think it doesnt count as a signature guitar...

but zakk wylde lp is very sexy
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Nah, I wouldn't do it.

Doesn't the RR3 have a 59/JB combo? I know the Epi ZW has passive EMGs, which most people aren't too keen on, but I'd just keep with the Jackson.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I doubt it, the RR3's alot easier to play and has a liscenced floyd rose. i cant comment on sound though, ive never played a zakk wylde LP, but my RR3 sounds heaps better than my LP custom
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
The RR3 is a bitch to sit with. The LP is a thousand pounds heavy with a thick neck.

Plus the paint is ugly as sh*t.

I'd go with the RR, but strictly becuase I prefer Jackson over LP.

I'd take my Ibanez S2120XAV over both of them.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by GangsterLi
its not a bad deal, great if its a gibson and not bad if its an epiphone. i personally wouldnt do it, but thats because i can stand signature guitars and yes i am aware that RR is a rhandy rhoads guitar but so many people use them and have their own custom i think it doesnt count as a signature guitar...

but zakk wylde lp is very sexy

The Randy Rhoads is a shape, like the Razorback. Dime designed the Razorback and I assume originally only he was gonna use it but then Dean decided to mass-produce it in his memory. I think the Randy Rhoads shape has a similar story.

But I don't think you should make the trade.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by strat0blaster
The RR3 is a bitch to sit with.

not really, shorter wing between your legs and your done.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
I've played the zakk wylde LP and it's a pretty damn nice guitar, however no trem of course and idk if the passive EMGs would be better than the duncans in the rhoads. It all depends on your playing style, the jackson would be better for shred bc of the thinner neck, I prefer the thicker heavier feel of a lp though.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
RR3's Pickups > Epi Bullseye's imo.

RR3 has the FR, none on the Bullseye(good unless you hate it)

To be honest, I'd keep the RR but just answer this question:

Which one do you like more? If its the Bullseye, I wouldn't mind dumping 130$ for the SD set(it has both humbucker)

If its the RR3, just keep it really.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by dan ramP
not really, shorter wing between your legs and your done.

Yeah, but I'm one of those dorks that likes to sit the guitar with the in-curve of the body on my right leg as opposed to "shred style" for easier access to the higher register, like you suggest.

Just preference, though, like I said.

Don't they make some kinda ribbed rubber thing to put on the V's that make 'em easier to sit with?

...Yes, I'm aware that sounded quite perverse.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I think that the Epi is very nice, and has a quite fast neck when comparing it to the fat Gibson necks. I wouldn't do it if you prefer the thinner, shrednecks, if you will. I would only do it if you really don't like the RR3, and like how the Epi feels and sounds.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
I would do the trade and then just swap pups sometimes, but thts just me.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Thanks for all the replies guys.
To be honest, i know the RR3 is better quality,
but,
im not getting a floyd again after this.
Just aint for me and i want a LP anyway so,
i can just change out the pups on the epi and find me a luthier.
Thanks again
DONT DO IT!!
Until you actually play that Epiphone. Listen man Im in the almost exact opposite of your situation. Ive got a Gibson Les Paul Studio ebony/chrome that I blew 1600 dollars on and I hate it.
I may just end up trading it on an RR3. I play metal/punk/rock in a garage band and it just straight sucks. I had never played a mid-high end Jackson before just recently. Then one day at Guitar Centet I thought Id give what I thought would be a 1,000 dollar Jackson a shot. It was the first time Id ever picked up a Jackson let alone a Rhoads V.

Best electric guitar Ive ever played. Best neck Ive ever played. Best pups Ive ever heard. The offset V design is still bleeding edge. The most well weighted guitar Ive ever played. That looong upper fin gives the guitar phenominal balance. The 43mm wide neck gives me enough room btwn strings to really articulate. My Gibson has a traditional neck thats I believe 35 mm wide.

Although the shape is very metal, its still sophisticated enough to pass for any style with the right finish.

Im recording now and will be playing my first shows soon. This Gibson just aint me. Its just not a metal guitar in any way. Gonna attempt to trade it down for a new RR3 at GC. Im dreading dealing with those vultures.

FINAL ADVICE-give that epiphone a hell of a workout before you jump. Yes it is sexy. If you think its better hey thats all you. But if you play as much as I do the HUGE differences should hit you immedietly. Idk about Epiphones. Im thinking dimensions and weight are very close. One thing I do know is that EMG HZs friggin suck.

Unless your Randy Rhoads reincanate it WILL be much harder to play.

Love to here what your decision is and why...
Quote by 66titan66
Ta

your Jackson totally rocks, no way would I swap a peice of art like that for a ten-a-penny LP
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Updates?
Still very interested in if you swap em or not and why.
If your RR3 is a pre Fender Jackson then you prbly have the "Duncan Designed" cheap pups. Also the trem on the Fender Jacksons is much better than the one on the older RR3s. If youve got an older RR3 then Id just worry about getting premium pups.

If its an image thing and you dont want to be typecast into a category cause the RR in general is quite wrongfully thought of as a metal guitar only then I can see that too. Les Pauls rock every genre except modern metal. Yes I know Randy played both during each show but thats Randy Rhoads.

What styles you play? Sound very much a metal player. The only thing that the Epi has going for it is that it is a pretty sexy beast. If youve got a Fender era RR3 then that means the first rate Duncans are what youve got vs EMG HZs. The HZs really arent that bad but they just dont come close to the tonal ability of the Duncans.

Lastly think twice about putting active EMGs in either guitar. The KFK EMGs I put in my Les Paul DO put out an astonishingly high quality thick dirty tone but that and Metallicas "Nothing Else Matters" clean is all that your going to really get.

Jackson RR FTW!!
BTW Ive played 4 brand new RR3s and 2 new RR1s. Am I truly losing it? Each one of the RR3s played and felt better than the RR1s!! Im hearing alot of this lately as the Jackson shop in Japan has really kicked it up a notch under Fender.
I'd go for RR3. Solely based on fact that I like Jacksons.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.