right are high school band in liverpool,uk have been playing together for 2-3 months and we want to get a gig nothing special just like a pub/club or something similar we played 4 of our own songs at the talent show yesterday and they went down ver very well our music teacher says we should really consider recording soon so we would like to know how to get that first gig and also i was told that if a record company are goin to sign you, you have to give them a demo of some songs
is this true????
Quote by paulseagull08
right are high school band in liverpool,uk have been playing together for 2-3 months and we want to get a gig nothing special just like a pub/club or something similar we played 4 of our own songs at the talent show yesterday and they went down ver very well our music teacher says we should really consider recording soon so we would like to know how to get that first gig and also i was told that if a record company are goin to sign you, you have to give them a demo of some songs
is this true????

Yes, research some record labels of bands that you like and see if they accept unsolicited demos. Then make some high quality recordings and send it to them.
i have my first gig in a few weeks, im 13 and im pooing a bit already
Quote by b.m.s.
Eat a bowl of KFC before you play. It gets your fingers nice and greasy and allows your to play MUCH better.

myspacebarbroke...
Parties are a great way of getting known and expanding your fanbase. Also, Myspace
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
If you want to play a pub or club, ask them if there's a date you can play at. And make sure thet're hasty with an answer, 'cause the sooner you know when you're doing it, the sooner you can get ANOTHER gig.
Pitch yourself to a record company, fine, but be careful. I heard it somewhere, you only have one chance to "explode" onto the music scene.
Don't be stingy in finding a good recording studio too - with the recent boom in home recording, renting a studio is becoming quite cheap.
Quote by Rock Pig

Pitch yourself to a record company, fine, but be careful. I heard it somewhere, you only have one chance to "explode" onto the music scene.

Not true, If your demo is rejected, then send it someplace else...

Now if you get signed and no one likes you, you may be right...
Quote by paulseagull08
lol i got a playi infront of 100 people and a town mayor next thursday im reall really nervous

You will be fine, just make sure you know your parts and you relax