Well I need a new guitar since I have been playing my vintage sg for around 4 years. Ive been searching around for a new guitar and fell in love with the Jackson DK2M Dinky, snow white: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/specSheet.php?product=2911005503

Has anyone had any experience with this guitar series and would recommend it?

Are there any other guitars you would recommend which have the same strat shape and floyd rose?

thanks!

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
They are very nice guitars. Mine is inferno red. The neck will be thinner than your SG. You might wanna try one out to see if you like it first. Also you might look at a good used Ibanez RG570 or a new RG1570. Depends on how you like your necks.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
Get It!!!
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
get it man i got the red inferno, the maple fretboard is so sexy and fast!
stay in tune etc...
Great guitar overall, great fast neck and the pain on the body just doesn't seem to chip even though i knock the shit out of it by accident. The pups are ideal for metal right through to blues and great cleans for the price too.
great guitar for the price, thats for damn sure bro. smooth
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Thanks guys!

sounds good.

Quote by stratdud39
its a great guitar, just like what everyone else is saying.
but, you have a vintage SG, you should probably get a nicer amp for it!!!

I agree that I need a new amp but I don't plan to be in a band yet or perform yet so I'll get a new amp in the future. Besides I can produce some nice tones from the amp and the pedals I own, its just not that powerful. Cheers anyway.

Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
i tried it, was quite nice. i'd prefer an ibanez rg1570, but that might be a bit more money (and you may not like it as much, anyway)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think for what more that Ibanez costs though, you could retrofit a new trem if it bothers you that much, and new pots and switches and still come out ahead due to the Duncan pups. If the Jackson is what you like, go for it!
^ yeah, i mean if you prefer the jackson, go for it. i think the ibanez is about £100 more here, while an OFR is about £150 or so, so you wouldn't be ahead, but certainly the difference in price would eat quite a bit into that trem budget. also it assumes you like the stock duncans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own one. Just a great axe overall.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by CJRocker
I think for what more that Ibanez costs though, you could retrofit a new trem if it bothers you that much, and new pots and switches and still come out ahead due to the Duncan pups. If the Jackson is what you like, go for it!

Why would I need to replace the trem?

-thanks

Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
guitar rocks, you better like thin necks though. my buddies cant stand how thin it is, but i think its ultra sexy and fast
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by VikingK0ng
Why would I need to replace the trem?

-thanks

cos it's not that great. it's not as bad as the really cheap licensed ones, but it's not as responsive or generally as good as an OFR, schaller, gotoh or similarly good licensed floyd...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i own one also the thing is perfect the neck is so nice imo,
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
thanks guys.

Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
I've played one before, Looks great, plays great. beautiful tone. GET IT!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Great guitar, I wouldn't worry about the trem, Jacksons LFRs are regarded as some of the best.
HI
What was said about the trems is true, the Jackson Licenced Floyd Rose trems are of reputedly good quality, second only to OFR, gotoh and schaller FR's (ie expensive ones).

If anything were to go wrong with your trem (ie, knife edge worn away due to overuse and less-than-optimal materials used in production) you could always upgrade to one of the aforementioned brandname trems anyway at a reasonable price (~$250 USD i'd think), though if anything funny happened within the warranty period it's a new axe for you!

The Seymour Duncan's in this baby made me want to get it as well, and the maple neck is a good choice for variety as it produces a sharper tone and looks completely different (love those ebony sharkfin inlays, they really set it apart). Also the Alder body will contrast well with your mahogany SG as the mahogany is warmer, but the alder is a heavier-sounding wood (think heavy metal, heavy rock) due to density. But I have to mention, a solid colour will both contrast well with your Vintage SG as well as make you realise why it is you cherish that thing like you do (its welcoming woodgrain texture).

But great choice of guitar - was on my list for awhile too, but i'm virtually Schecter only these days - give em a look if you like a slightly thicker neck than the SG you have, as they have great quality guitars at crazy prices and their quality on the lower and mid-range models is meant to be the same as their high-range models. Although being a mid-range Jackson, I don't doubt this guitar will last, and the black hardware and black OFR and SD pickups with unique maple f/board nearly sell me by themselves, personally.
get it man i got mine in white they look great and play even better and the trem is great for keeping tuning perfect ive had mine 3 months not a sign of a problem great guitar
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
thanks for the help.

Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL