I am currently building up my own pedalboard, and intend to buy a 1spot 'daisy chain power adapter' to power most of the effects. However, I might buy an effects pedal that the 1spot doesn't support. So, instead of plugging the 1spot straight to a wall socket, would it be ok to place a power strip (like below) on the board and then plug the 1spot and any other power adapters into it? No problems with hum/noise etc?

EDIT- New question. I will be sticking Velcro to the bottom of my pedals. Does anyone know of any carpet (preferably black) that will 'stick' well to it?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Nov 10, 2008,
I have couple of smaller strips on my board and no issues with hum/noise.
I do have a noise gate but still, no noticeable 'electrical' noise added.

Still WIP but you get the idea...

Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
Cool. Cheers guys.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Bump- New Q.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Instead of carpet I just used both bits of velcro. I have a sheet of plywood in the bottom of the case and velcro it to that.
Use the heavy-duty velcro and you can pick up the whole board holding one pedal.

Did try the carpet but found it came away very easily. I store my pedalboard vertically and after couple of weeks away I found couple of pedals had fallen under their own weight
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
Check this:
http://singlecoil.com/helpers.html
See those little metal things? That's how I'm mounting my pedals to my pedalboard. however, I don't recommend buying that stuff - if you have extra bike chain lying around, use a chain breaker to separate the sides, and use the sides to mount your pedals.
Much more reliable than velcro, IMO.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Check this:
http://singlecoil.com/helpers.html
See those little metal things? That's how I'm mounting my pedals to my pedalboard. however, I don't recommend buying that stuff - if you have extra bike chain lying around, use a chain breaker to separate the sides, and use the sides to mount your pedals.
Much more reliable than velcro, IMO.

Great idea, never thought of that!
Stupid considering I ride trails/street like everyday and have probably about 6 old chains lying around....
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
just any carpet will do probably. but just placing them on top of it won't work. you really have to 'rub' them in, then you'll be ready to go. I have an pedalboard that weights at least 5 kg, an I can almost carry it by just holding one pedal. as for those bike chain links. I've used it too, and it worked perfectly, but it's difficult to change things since you have to drill holes every time you want to put on a new pedal, that's why I switched to velcro + it looks better imo
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)