Ok I posted this in the Jazzmaster thread but that thread seems dead:

I'm getting a Jazzmaster soon hopefully - however i'm a bit concerned about the bridge; first off, i dislike the saddles, so intend on replacing them with graphtech saddles which have 1 slot for the string to pass through, instead of about 8 for it to jump between, and would probably put 11-48 gauge strings on it too, which i'd imagine would put more tension on the bridge and keep it from wobbling around.

Is there anything else i've missed and any advice people can give?

I've also considered getting a buzzstop, but i'd like to see if i can get along ok without one.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The bridge is pretty much the main thing. I own a Fender Jaguar and the bridge on that is a real motherfucker. Do you know a UK site that sells Graphtech saddles?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by 67_67
The bridge is pretty much the main thing. I own a Fender Jaguar and the bridge on that is a real motherfucker. Do you know a UK site that sells Graphtech saddles?

i'm not buying them on the net, i've had a look for any sites that sell them but no luck. the shop has 1 set of them ready for when the person who buys the last jazzmaster (me!) comes back complaining that the strings are falling out of line
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Get a Mustang Bridge
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Get a Mustang Bridge

don't they have a completely different radius to the jag/jazzmaster, among other things?