I'm thinking of getting a Boss Me-50 after seeing Don Ross (awesome acoustic player) use one.
I'll be getting it primarily for the wah, whammy pedal and harmoniser and possibly one or 2 of the OD models, since I will be running it in front of the amp.
Will it have a negative effect on my tone and is it easy to bypass the unused effects?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
all the effects are sub par in my opinion, including the ones you mentioned. wah is ok, whammy is just a whammy and the harmonizer... :/. you can easily bypass tone modifications just with the flick of a switch (the turn of a knob...).

you want it just for your acoustic? strange choice...
i suck but THATS OK!
No, I don't just want it for acoustic, but acoustics do sound pretty good through them.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

BUMP

I got to try one out at music live, but not through an amp so I cant really make much of a judgement. The effects sounded useable though.
However, how does one go about turning the wah on and off without reaching down and turning the expression pedal knob?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

You can do a heavy-step on the toe end of the pedal and it will make it go from expression mode (wah, etc, whichever knob setting it's on) to volume-pedal mode.
Quote by Jack Carver
You can do a heavy-step on the toe end of the pedal and it will make it go from expression mode (wah, etc, whichever knob setting it's on) to volume-pedal mode.

this.

The ME-50 is one of the best multi-fx in its price range. I'd go for it if you're set on multiFX.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by Jack Carver

So what does the optional footswitch control?
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab