Hi, all I've been looking forward to getting a jackson for awhile but I stopped by my local long and macquade yesterday and prices are ridiculously high when a few weeks ago they were even with US prices. I was just wondering id any of my fellow canadian USers knew about any canadian music stores that are selling jacksons for a reasonable price. I've tried steves, L&M and I'm still looking but really would like a DK2m or something similar. Thanks!
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Hm, the cheapest are JS series... but I'm assuming you don't want those, you want pro series. Look used.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I should have been more clear, I know what I want, I'm just looking for a canadian music store that wont overcharge on jackson guitars. Trying to find a deal.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
And sorry Yes, im in Ottawa. And my budget is around 650$ canadian before tax
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Last edited by Slanderous666 at Nov 4, 2008,
Canadian dollar went back up to 86cents to US dollar. I'd go in there and say this is how much it costs on Musicians Friend, calculate the difference to Canadian Dollar. If they don't wanna match it even close then say thanks and take your business elsewhere. By the way the L&M here is cool and has good prices so I dunno maybe they are all different who knows.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Good luck. No one is really "over charging" for anything. Pretty much all retail outlets are going to show significant price hikes on their products over the upcoming weeks (some have already) due to the falling Canadian dollar. Tis the reason why all the gear I was planning on getting over the course of the next few months I'm now getting within the next few days.
Quote by Erkekjetter
Good luck. No one is really "over charging" for anything. Pretty much all retail outlets are going to show significant price hikes on their products over the upcoming weeks (some have already) due to the falling Canadian dollar. Tis the reason why all the gear I was planning on getting over the course of the next few months I'm now getting within the next few days.

the dollar already fell, now it's rising slowly/ in the process of rising.

and yes Steve's almost always overprices.

PRS SE Singlecut = 654$ at steve's
PRS SE Singlecut = 485$ at Italmelodie
Crate V-50 = 399$ at steves
Crate V-50 = 199$ at italmelodie

not all models have gone up, only the fenders (so far)
Quote by 1010011010
That's why ItalMelodie is much better than Steve's. The staff over there are nicer too (over here at least.)

yeah...only problem with Italmelodie is they don't carry fenders, and overall their selection just isn't as big as steve's. Do you know if you can negotiate with the salesmen at italemelodie?
I just bought a dk2m with a hardshell case for $405CDN on ebay, its coming all the way from Yellowknife!
Quote by Steel8909
I just bought a dk2m with a hardshell case for $405CDN on ebay, its coming all the way from Yellowknife!

Yes, I was watching the same auction on ebay :P Decided just to buy a new Dk2m from a place in montreal and it should be here in a couple days. Great buy though, hope you enjoy it.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Swap-Meet
yeah...only problem with Italmelodie is they don't carry fenders, and overall their selection just isn't as big as steve's. Do you know if you can negotiate with the salesmen at italemelodie?

And thats where I ended up ordering it from it from.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni