Page 1 of 3
My guitarist has just pissed me off (As usual) He claims basses are teh least important instrument in a band. This coming from a guitarist, If you would call himn that, who cant even play a 3 note chord! I usually end up transcribing guitar parts to where I somewhat take a load off of him so he doesnt blow/ruin a song. Apparantly he thinks hes the shit because his mom buys him new guitars like a kid at a candy shop.

Wall of rant. Now on with the subject. What do I say to him to either
A. Get rid of him (Lack of guitarists)
B. Make him better
C. Make him shut the hell up before he finds my oversized guitar up his ass
D. I commit suicide because I begin to beleive him.

Note though, he is my best friend, but Ive had enough of this.
Why would you be in a band with someone who can't even play a chord?
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Set up a gig or something and then drop out, saying they'll have to play without you. Then he'll see how much you need a bass.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
brutally rape and murder his entire family in front of him.

that
find another guitarist not that hard
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by derekwalden_-33
My guitarist has just pissed me off (As usual) He claims basses are teh least important instrument in a band. This coming from a guitarist, If you would call himn that, who cant even play a 3 note chord! I usually end up transcribing guitar parts to where I somewhat take a load off of him so he doesnt blow/ruin a song. Apparantly he thinks hes the shit because his mom buys him new guitars like a kid at a candy shop.

Wall of rant. Now on with the subject. What do I say to him to either
A. Get rid of him (Lack of guitarists)
B. Make him better
C. Make him shut the hell up before he finds my oversized guitar up his ass
D. I commit suicide because I begin to beleive him.

Note though, he is my best friend, but Ive had enough of this.

Be a man, suck it up.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
ok bass is about the same as a rhythm/2nd guitarist, and only appeal to people if they are good. He cant really talk about anything if he cant even play a 3 note chord >.>
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Get a bunch of your friends and perform a bukkake in his face. That should do the trick.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Get rid of him. The bass is the best and most important part. If you can't even play a simple chord, you aren't a guitar player. He's just a guy in your band who wears a guitar sometimes.
The drummer of my old band was my best friend for 8 years. Then we got into some band trouble and I punched him in the face. Then he pepper sprayed[riot control spray] our bassist. Then we handed him into an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Sound good?
Quote by maninthebox24
Why would you be in a band with someone who can't even play a chord?

He can, there are 2 note chords!

Seriously?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Ah rape, is there anything it can't solve?
Quote by floppypick
He can, there are 2 note chords!

actually, there aren't
Quote by DimebagRob
Ah rape, is their anything it cant solve?

plenty of things actually, that's what murder is for.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
if it were me, I would pick C. I'm tired of bassists never getting any respect. That's why I play with different effects and play solos, some guitarists just think that a bass isn't important but tell him fine, play a song without me. I can bet he'll notice the difference and realize that without a bass, the song is sux!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

GTFO

reported.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Not even joking. :S

Yea.. a power chord, right?

or is it a different name...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

move down to florida, we got too many guitarists and not enough bassists(And bring your drummer)

seriously, assuming you have another guitarist, kick him out if he's gonna be like that and play one guitarist
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Guitar is the least important instrument. The drums and bass are most, because they form the rhythm section. There are many more instruments that can fill the roles of the guitar than the roles of drums and bass.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
What did the Bassist say to the Guitarist?
Doesn't matter you can't hear him.
haha

But yeah, bands sound hollow and thin without a bassist.

You could take the piss out of his playing.. Or exclaim you know more theory than him (if you do) or put up with it, and if you find a possible new guitarist.. scare him into thinking he might get kicked out for it. Then the balls in his court.
Quote by jesusgonewrong
Be a man, suck it up.

Ex-f*cking-xactly

This may surprise some of you, but I am a bassist. When other bassists get all arsey about people saying that bass isn't important, it annoys me. Everyone gets stick about something. Suck it up and MAKE the bass important.
Tell him to shut up or he's out. Then have his mom buy him a bunch of strange fancy pedals (ringmods, weird filters, oscillators, etc.) and have him make cool noises while the rest of you guys jam - that's what I would do...

Or you could just go with the rape thing
Quote by DimebagRob
Ah rape, is there anything it can't solve?

SIGGED!

Anyway, option C sounds best. Either that or learn YYZ by Rush and see how he compares to that!
I'm gonna have to say B or C. B preferably, mostly because you wouldn't want to do that to your bass.
But seriously, you need to make him understand that just because he's a spoiled dick doesn't give him the right to knock someone who A.) Plays better than he does, and B.) Plays an instrument that is vital to the band.

Or you could just kill him
Quote by ChemicalFire
Set up a gig or something and then drop out, saying they'll have to play without you. Then he'll see how much you need a bass.

+1

Stop writing stuff for him. Say from now on you're all taking care of your part and that's it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ex-f*cking-xactly

This may surprise some of you, but I am a bassist. When other bassists get all arsey about people saying that bass isn't important, it annoys me. Everyone gets stick about something. Suck it up and MAKE the bass important.

You are Dr. Phil, I must beleive you!
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Haha, I did! He was super pissed because he couldnt play it!

record it, I would like to hear this!

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Deece
What did the Bassist say to the Guitarist?
Doesn't matter you can't hear him.
haha

But yeah, bands sound hollow and thin without a bassist.

You could take the piss out of his playing.. Or exclaim you know more theory than him (if you do) or put up with it, and if you find a possible new guitarist.. scare him into thinking he might get kicked out for it. Then the balls in his court.

He doesnt "beleive" in theory. He thinks you just play.
gotta be careful about posting anything in the pit...no matter what the thread title is, someone's gonna make a rape comment
Quote by Mongoose87
Guitar is the least important instrument. The drums and bass are most, because they form the rhythm section. There are many more instruments that can fill the roles of the guitar than the roles of drums and bass.

I have to disagree with this, the guitar is pretty much the foundation of rock music, whereas you could get away with using a dum machine and synth for drums and bass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 3