How much louder is a 50 watt stack than a 50 watt combo?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Neither. There are other factors involved.
Such as?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
A 50 watts tube combo will get more air moving than a 50 watts solid state stack. The number of speakers is also a factor.
ಠ_ಠ
Oh, I was wondering how an 85 watt Twin Reverb would compare to an 85 watt Showman.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Guitar Skater
what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks

Well, I've been told that a Showman, closed back, is better than an opened back Twin Reverb for Surf playing live.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Oh, I was wondering how an 85 watt Twin Reverb would compare to an 85 watt Showman.

You could probably get a Showman cheaper. And are you talking a BF Showman? Because I think the SF ones are 100.
Quote by lespaul#1
Well, I've been told that a Showman, closed back, is better than an opened back Twin Reverb for Surf playing live.

I think closed back would be better, because of the speed of the music.

Though the Twin is reasonably tight.
I was talking about Blonde ones. Not buying one, just curious. I'd rather have Showman, because of the tone.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I was talking about Blonde ones. Not buying one, just curious. I'd rather have Showman, because of the tone.

Blonde is 100 watts and doesn't have reverb.

http://ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=84
Those are the same as Brownface, right? I plan on buying a reverb unit for my Deluxe, I'm not in the amp market for a litlle while.
Quote by chip46
not enough that volume should be a factor when trying to decide between a combo and stack.