So, I'm a guitarist... looking for some tips...

Basically, I wanna play a bit of hard rock; Slash and Izzy Stradlin kinda style. I have learnt my favourite GnR tunes and I like the way that both of these 6 stringers play. I like the whole feel their riffs and licks give off, so I was wondering where do I start to adopt their style as my own. I have noticed that they have kind of blues influenced riffs, but it sounds so awesome!

So what kind of scales, chords and other little things should I start learning to walk in the direction of these two great players?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
You won't need much.
Just learn your pentatonic scales, blues scales, and some minor scales.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
You won't need much.
Just learn your pentatonic scales, blues scales, and some minor scales.

thanks dude
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
thanks dude

No probs. Most of Slash's solos are just made up of runs out of those scales with a few tasty bends thrown in. Best of luck!
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
No probs. Most of Slash's solos are just made up of runs out of those scales with a few tasty bends thrown in. Best of luck!

thanks im hopefully gonna be in a band soon so i thought i would learn how to do some kool soloey type stuff
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Make sure you can lay down a rhythm and keep it in key before you go trying to so "soloey stuff". Single note runs within a scale can be a rhythem too as long as they're in key, in time, repeating, and establish a key for the song. Experement with the scales but don't be one of those guys who just throws out endless single note runs without any rhyme or reason. Make sure you can adjust to the band, don't constantly make them have to adjust to you.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Make sure you can lay down a rhythm and keep it in key before you go trying to so "soloey stuff". Single note runs within a scale can be a rhythem too as long as they're in key, in time, repeating, and establish a key for the song. Experement with the scales but don't be one of those guys who just throws out endless single note runs without any rhyme or reason. Make sure you can adjust to the band, don't constantly make them have to adjust to you.

ok note taken
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3