i was just wondering which of the following has the most gain on tab straight out of the amp, if you have other suggestions they are totally welcome:
mesa boogie Mark IV or Triple rect.
diezel: VH4 or a herbert
krank krankenstein
or
engl powerball

moneys obviously not an issue haha having a job as a 16 year old is pretty ****in good
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Balls out gain, I would probably say the Powerball.

Best tone is another story though.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
It depends really on what type of gain structure your looking for you cant compare a krankenstein to a powerball there voiced totally different. What are you even looking for music wise, the amount of gain is far from everything when it comes to tone.

And If you can buy a herbert rig at 16 more props to you but the odds are insanely slim...
Quote by powerslave69
i was just wondering which of the following has the most gain on tab straight out of the amp, if you have other suggestions they are totally welcome:
mesa boogie Mark IV or Triple rect.
diezel: VH4 or a herbert
krank krankenstein
or
engl powerball

moneys obviously not an issue haha having a job as a 16 year old is pretty ****in good

You haven't gotten your first paycheck..have you
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
You haven't gotten your first paycheck..have you

haha thats where your wrong man i have, ive been savin up!
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by IbanezPsycho
It depends really on what type of gain structure your looking for you cant compare a krankenstein to a powerball there voiced totally different. What are you even looking for music wise, the amount of gain is far from everything when it comes to tone.

And If you can buy a herbert rig at 16 more props to you but the odds are insanely slim...

i have 5 grand to spend on an amp haha, so you think the herbert's the best choice?
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
5 grand?

Herbert, do it. Then load that up with a matching diezel cab with V30's.

Actually no, get the VH4, it's alot more versatile.

That should set you back about 3g's. Then spend another grand on nice pedals and you'll have a grand left over
Quote by injected
5 grand?

Herbert, do it. Then load that up with a matching diezel cab with V30's.

Actually no, get the VH4, it's alot more versatile.

That should set you back about 3g's. Then spend another grand on nice pedals and you'll have a grand left over

yeah thats what i was thinking. vh4 looks sick i was just wondering if other amps were as good and they are just over priced
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by powerslave69
i have 5 grand to spend on an amp haha, so you think the herbert's the best choice?

If this is true, I sincerely applaud you

Edit: check out the Engl SE
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Go and try them if you're gunna blow that amount of money on it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Go and try them if you're gunna blow that amount of money on it.

i'd love to but sadly no where around me carries any of these hence why im asking
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by kayman121
If this is true, I sincerely applaud you

Edit: check out the Engl SE

yeah ive heard jeff loomis uses that
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by powerslave69
i'd love to but sadly no where around me carries any of these hence why im asking

I wouldn't bother then tbh. 5 grand is too much to risk on the opinions of people of the internet who have probably not played them either.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
If you have that much money for an amp, surely you can afford to travel a bit to play one?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by jambi_mantra
I wouldn't bother then tbh. 5 grand is too much to risk on the opinions of people of the internet who have probably not played them either.

+1

Shell out some money to go try them somewhere NOT around where you live.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by powerslave69

Another grand and you should be good to go.... As for best choice it depends on what you play and what you are looking for in an amp. My top 3 are the Herbert, Uberschall and Powerball with Krank coming in at 4th. But as to which one Im going to purchase thats a descission im not ready to make at the moment...
Quote by loonyguitarist
If you have that much money for an amp, surely you can afford to travel a bit to play one?
This ^
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by jambi_mantra

cant argue with that haha if anything i should atleast try and find somewhere where i can test out the diezel ones
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also hit up Erock503 he has owned and if not tested all of them...

alright, thanks
and thank you everyone else
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
haha as tempting as it is i think , if anything related to the ****ing ****er ill buy the t shirt, maybe brighten that guy's day lol
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
sorry for the double post but for the sake of not making a new thread:
i looked up diezel on harmony central they really get mixed reviews on reliablity but from the reviews i was leaning towards the herbert, im proboly going to try both of them out but just for the sake of it should i just scratch those off the list and just go for a engl special edition?
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30