Pretty much what it says on the tin, post any of your tips and tricks that you think makes your acoustic sound better. I.e. some people might think that it sounds better if you tune to half-step and then put a capo on 1st fret (I dunno first thing that came to my head.)

Also sorry if this has been done before i will close it.

Post away
Play in a room with good acoustics, try and play the same chord all around your house and you'll notice some rooms(maybe your music room) sound like shit and some sound a lot fuller
Quote by AcousticSlayer
Don't play thin gauges. I use '11s.

yeah acoustics sound sooo much better with heavier strings
mine sounds awsome cause i got nice strings, and my acoustic is this WICKED crappy $40 dollar acoustic.
lol

EDIT: to TS, does it really sound better if you tune down half a step and put a capo on 1st fret?
thats weird, im gonna go try it =]
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
i find that my bathroom has the best acoustics in my house
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by stratsrule1990

lol howd you figure that out?
get bored while taking a crap so decide to bring out the acoustic?
lol im just kiddin

EDIT: for some reason my acoustic sounds awsome in my basement
which sucks cause my basement isnt finished and its all smelly and crap
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by stratsrule1990

Haha, I was going to say that. Play in your bathroom. It sounds nicer.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Haha, I was going to say that. Play in your bathroom. It sounds nicer.

That's only if your bathroom has tiled walls and such. The surfaces need to be sonically reflective in order for it to sound better than elsewhere in the house. What is also helping this is the fact that most bathrooms are smaller than other rooms in a typical house.
Years ago a buddy and I would play our guitars in the community bathroom on the 11 floor of the Minneapolis YMCA. THOSE walls were AWESOME for acoustics! Real old school tiles and metal stalls, plus it was huge, so it echoed around in there like crazy. He had this really nice old 12 stringer, and I had my not so nice(at the time) 6 string, and we would just jam out whatever we felt like. Malaguena sounded supurb in there let me tell ya. lol

Oh, and I fully expect there to be some cheap shot bathroom humor popping up in this thread. It's to be expected, just try to keep it mostly clean shall we?
Quote by LeftyDave
That's only if your bathroom has tiled walls and such. The surfaces need to be sonically reflective in order for it to sound better than elsewhere in the house. What is also helping this is the fact that most bathrooms are smaller than other rooms in a typical house.
Years ago a buddy and I would play our guitars in the community bathroom on the 11 floor of the Minneapolis YMCA. THOSE walls were AWESOME for acoustics! Real old school tiles and metal stalls, plus it was huge, so it echoed around in there like crazy. He had this really nice old 12 stringer, and I had my not so nice(at the time) 6 string, and we would just jam out whatever we felt like. Malaguena sounded supurb in there let me tell ya. lol

Oh, and I fully expect there to be some cheap shot bathroom humor popping up in this thread. It's to be expected, just try to keep it mostly clean shall we?

So you were fingering your G strings in the YMCA washroom together, huh?
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
So you were fingering your G strings in the YMCA washroom together, huh?

And so it starts.

Yea, but his nails were always too SHARP, which left me a bit FLAT. We deffinitely needed more MINORS back then!
bathrooms makes it sound a bit better because the sound gets reflected. its why singers like to add reverb to their vocals. it hides minor imperfections.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by LeftyDave
And so it starts.

Yea, but his nails were always too SHARP, which left me a bit FLAT. We deffinitely needed more MINORS back then!

Makes sense. I've never thought of you as a S&M kinda guy. but pedo? tisk tisk. AHAHAHA.
Equipment:

Quote by stratsrule1990

On Aerosmith's last studio album Honkin on Bobo Joe Perry did his vocals for the two songs he sang on in his bathroom. They drilled through the floor to run a mic into his shower. So on the album, he was literally singing in the shower.
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
lol howd you figure that out?
get bored while taking a crap so decide to bring out the acoustic?
lol im just kiddin

It's generally accepted that most bathrooms have better acoustics. Probably because of the tile or whatever, I'm not sure...I just know my bathroom has better acoustics as well.
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Pretty much what it says on the tin, post any of your tips and tricks that you think makes your acoustic sound better. I.e. some people might think that it sounds better if you tune to half-step and then put a capo on 1st fret (I dunno first thing that came to my head.)

Also sorry if this has been done before i will close it.

Post away

Its called practice!!!
lol
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
Quote by JGamble
It's generally accepted that most bathrooms have better acoustics. Probably because of the tile or whatever, I'm not sure...I just know my bathroom has better acoustics as well.

lol i know, im just playing with ya man.
and i agree, my acoustic sounds wicked good in my bathroom.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by stratsrule1990

Totally! a few years ago me and my friend Adam where at a college and we played in the bathrooms.
it was amazing!
Everyone just keeps playing with their mates in the bathroom ahaha.
Equipment:

^ Hahaha...yea, but I did it first waaay back in the 70's! Ya gotta try it cappy! It's great fun! Heck, if I had someone willing to play with me in the bathroom right now I'd sooo be there man. Say, what are you doing next weekend? lolololol
I think im going to play with myself in the bathroom just to try it out first.

Dang dave, 70's? You're ancient I'm not even legal drinking age in Canada.
Equipment:

I would say new strings in general helps! I used to not believe that strings made a difference in tone, until my acoustic started sounding very dead. I changed my strings and it sounds loads better.

Does anyone know if changing bridge pins affects tone? I've been thinking about changing mine out..
Saint Louis Blues
New bridge pins, such as bone, will give a minimal at best tonal change to your guitar. A much better first choice, besides strings, is to change out the saddle to bone, if not already. That's the MAIN contact point between strings and guitar, and the better quality this is, the better your guitar will sound, to a point. There's always a caveat with this sort of thing. This one is that you may decide to go with a really nice bone saddle, but if the rest of the guitar is say laminate, of low quality, or has other issues, well then you'll only get partial benefits.
Quote by captivate
Makes sense. I've never thought of you as a S&M kinda guy. but pedo? tisk tisk. AHAHAHA.

That is disgusting guys!!