Page 1 of 3
So Pit... I have a proposition from the group for the disestablishment of the 'ONLY' threads.
So listen up.

We, the group for the disestablishment of the so-called 'ONLY' threads, are of the opinion that all threads concerning broad topics, such as the relationship thread and the gaming thread, should be discontinued due to their extremely ineffective nature and their detremental effect on the Pit in general.
By removing these threads we feel that the Pit will become a much more lively place where actual debate can take place instead of legitimate and interesting threads being shut down because of all-encompassing, ineffective and generally annoying 'ONLY' threads.

It is our intention to refuse to use these threads and to spread this philosophy in an attempt to overthrow the current system.

If you didn't get that... We think the 'ONLY' threads (and by that we mean the relationship thread, the drugs thread, the gaming thread etc.) are stupid. They are far too cluttered and chaotic for any actual debate or discussion to take place and they are detremental to the Pit in general. These threads lead to the closure of legitimate and interesting threads that people get genuinely involved in.
We would therefore like to see these 'ONLY' threads closed and a return to the system whereby new threads can be made freely without fear of them being closed due to the presence of a vague, disorganized mess that might contain relevant information buried under piles of irrelevant information.

So I urge you, Pit Monkeys, Pitopotomusses and Pit Foxes to join the ...

Bless up
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 4, 2008,
*Reads Title*

First though:
"Wallotext is comin' to get yah"

DirtyEdit:
YEAH! Great! + MOTHERFUCKIN' 2^INFINITY

...Sums it all...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Nov 4, 2008,
You've been here since August, and you want to change how the pit works?

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Is this the ONLY 'Disestablishment of the 'ONLY' threads' thread?

You need at least three.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I think the Relationship Thread, Sex Thread, Computer thread, Ipod thread etc etc should stand, but the gaming thread is really ineffective, it's essentially a chat room for its regulars, which makes it pretty useless for anyone else.
Quote by Jericho114

Yes but I have been lurking since before you registered...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
'such as the relationship thread and the gaming thread, should be discontinued due to their extremely ineffective nature'

This is fucking stupid. There's like 200 pages in each of those threads. Would you want that many more threads about the same things. Think about it.

-SD
Dude, you have no idea how many pepole the relationship ship thread saved >.>
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Quote by IDread
Yes but I have been lurking since before you registered...

WTH would you lurk for that long.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
...I'm going to guess that this is not going to happen.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by wesleyisgay
Dude, you have no idea how many pepole the relatshion ship thread saved >.>

You have no idea how many people posted and had their questions ignored until two weeks after they posted...

Trust me... I read the whole damn thing.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think the Relationship Thread, Sex Thread, Computer thread, Ipod thread etc etc should stand, but the gaming thread is really ineffective, it's essentially a chat room for its regulars, which makes it pretty useless for anyone else.

YES.

More so, removing the 'Only' threads would result in a total flood of threads with questions at these topics. The 'Only' threads were made for a reason.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Nov 4, 2008,
The Relationship thread is helpful as fuck. gtfo.

Lol code fail xD

But on that note the relationship thread has helped me once... But I've posted in it quite a few times and alot was ignored.

On that note, I think the Hugging Thread is the most helpful thread when it comes to relationship stuff if you're just looking for support and not advice.
Quote by boreamor
Lol code fail xD

But on that note the relationship thread has helped me once... But I've posted in it quite a few times and alot was ignored.

On that note, I think the Hugging Thread is the most helpful thread when it comes to relationship stuff if you're just looking for support and not advice.

Yep. Changed it anyway. I was in a rush because I'd thought it would get closed.
i agree with this, i hate the gaming thread, its a chat room for Halo 3 and Final Fallacy fanboys.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Jericho114

You've only been here for a year. Shush.

I actually think it's a good idea. I know it cleans up the Pit a lot, but ideas for new threads then get reduced to shit and spam.
One can only imagine what the tpoic list would look like...
"O HAI SO WAT DRUGS SHUD I TK 2NITE LULZ"
"MY GF BRUK UP WITH mE aNd I want to KilL MyElF"
"Obama or McCain?"
"Palin or Biden?"
"Obama or McCain?"
"Democrat or Republican?"
"I love weed!"
"Relationship troubles, over Obama and McCain on their drug policies"

You get the picture.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yes because I want to see 10 'How do I talk to this girl' and 'I think my gf is pregnant', 'US election, what do you think?' threads
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by ShaunDiel
Yep. Changed it anyway. I was in a rush because I'd thought it would get closed.

Why would it get closed? I'm not breaking any rules by posting this.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
i disagree
those are threads you can get some good info from people who know what theyre talking about
theyre there for a reason
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by ShaunDiel
'such as the relationship thread and the gaming thread, should be discontinued due to their extremely ineffective nature'

This is fucking stupid. There's like 200 pages in each of those threads. Would you want that many more threads about the same things. Think about it.

-SD

haha

Looking to take his place, are you?
without threads like that the pit gets flooded with tons of newfags (lol/b/) asking questions about the same shit.

having trouble finding something in those massive 'the only threads'?

CTRL
****ING
F
Quote by IDread
You have no idea how many people posted and had their questions ignored until two weeks after they posted...

Trust me... I read the whole damn thing.

Then they could've just posted again. It happens sometimes. They had a reason to re-post their question, so no harm done.
Drug Thread: Should stay.
iPod/Computer/Specific accessories like that: Should stay.
Relationship Thread: Should be reset imo.
Political Thread: Does anyone use this?
Religion Thread: Should go.
Etc etc.

EDIT:

Quote by RedDeath9
haha

God I haven't seen that in years...
SilentDeftone right?
Quote by IDread
Why would it get closed? I'm not breaking any rules by posting this.

Don't worry. It will. You're not the first person to try and change how things work.

I expect a closing post something along the lines of:

Quote by The Hurt Within
Perhaps, you should also consider the pit didn't start the day you registered, meaning the system in place was in effect and has worked long before you thought of that username. In short get used to it or go away?

-SD
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Nov 4, 2008,
You shudda seen this place BEFORE only threads.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by RedDeath9
haha

I didn't think anyone would pick up on that.
Quote by boreamor

God I haven't seen that in years...
SilentDeftone right?

You are correct.

-SD
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by cliff_em_all
You shudda seen this place BEFORE only threads.

Actually I did. You have no idea how long I lurked for...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Actually I did. You have no idea how long I lurked for...

So, if you were here before the only threads were, why would you want them gone???
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I completely agree with TS. If we keep this up the pit will be reduced a dozen "ONLY" threads. We answer questions better when they are done in separate threads.
Quote by Jericho114

I dotn liek the threads eaither and think their should be a new section in the forums dedicated to gaming, and stuff, but not drugs or relationships

but yeah, 08er might wanna whatch what you say because ive been lurking since 04 i think

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
ONLY threads organise information easier for the users and are kept in check to see if people have questions that need answering. It's very rarely that they aren't.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by cliff_em_all
So, if you were here before the only threads were, why would you want them gone???

Becuase before they showed up, the pit was one of the most epic things on the ****ing internet...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
You're right. This place could really do with a thousand "Duz dis gurl liek me?" threads instead of one.
Quote by IDread
Becuase before they showed up, the pit was one of the most epic things on the ****ing internet...

Any proof that you were here?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Page 1 of 3