How does he get his overdriven tone on this album? Is it just the amp he's running through? or what pedal is he using? I've looked (kinda) and havent been able to find anything.

Also, would a Fulltone OCD + a booster pedal be able to get this sorta tone? that's the pedal combo im sorta thinking about right now
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
There was an interview in Guitar Player last year all about the recording of Surfing With The Alien. Look around online for it...if not, I or someone else could probably take some scans/type out some of the info in it.

It was a good article.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
AH CRAP! i had that one and never got a chance to read that! >.<
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
id want to know this as well, but go to guitargeek.com

scroll down and find Joe Satriani
I'm Steve
he used a very expensive eventide harmonizer when recording. it fried after the first and only take.

he also used the searchbar xD
sorry i just had to
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
he used a very expensive eventide harmonizer when recording. it fried after the first and only take.

he also used the searchbar xD
sorry i just had to

lol yea, when i talked to him (yes, ive met him ) he talked about that. but no, im not looking for that, im looking for overdrive tone like in Satch Boogie.

when i say Surfing with the Alien i mean the album, not the song. sorry, i should have been more specific
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I recall reading that he recorded that album with a modded DS-1 through a Jazz Chorus...

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by bored_maniac33
lol yea, when i talked to him (yes, ive met him ) he talked about that. but no, im not looking for that, im looking for overdrive tone like in Satch Boogie.

when i say Surfing with the Alien i mean the album, not the song. sorry, i should have been more specific

ohh haha my bad
thats awesome that you met him
*becomes green with envy*
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
ohh haha my bad
thats awesome that you met him
*becomes green with envy*

yea, it was a dream come true lol.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional