I was in Guitar Center today. Lookin around, etc. The norm. had a few ideas of what to play and one of them slaps me right in the face when I first step in.
The epiphone les paul prophecy EX.

Plugged it in. Played pretty well, liked it. Didn't really shine or anything but it was pretty nice.

Go to put it abck and the sales dude mentions that for another 50 you can get the gibson all mahogany vintage studio model (the one w/ a satin finish) plus a hardshell case. I tried it, it played better. Tone was better, played better, felt better.

What I'm curious to know is is the studio mahogany model worth that price? IDK myself, it's the first gibson I've ever played. My dad told me I can get one for christmas, but if I get a guitar that expensive it'll be the only thing I'm running, but I'm not concerned about that.

Any info would be wonderful
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Last edited by atla18 at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by gurg06
look at other guitars too....there are much better for that price

I agree. Gibson's quality control on anything below the standard LP is really hit or miss.
Go with your ear bro!!!

Hardcases aren't cheap, and a full mahogany body makes for some wicked tone. Personally I play Strats, but that sounds like a helluva a deal for only $50 bucks more.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Well I want a versatile single cut that can scream metal but still get nice cleans.

I was looking at ESP's and LTD's but I've kinda turned away from them
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!