Hi!

My bridge isn't properly balanced. I tried changing back to thinner strings, tuned my guitar down, nothing helps.
I tried searching for help on how to adjust it, and all the guides I found talked about opening a rear panel where the strings are put through, and tightening the screws.
Well, as you can see in the attached pictures, the strings don't go through the guitar and there's no panel behind the bridge, only a lower one for the volume and pickup switches, and a small one where the neck connects to the body.
Any idea how to do it?
By the way my guitar is a Samick, if it matters (Don't know the model, some Jackson replica).

Thanks.
Attachments:
bridge1.jpg
bridge2.jpg
what about the springs in the back, did you try tightening those screws?
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks for the quick replies.
I guess my message wasn't clear.
There aren't any springs on the back of my guitar.
Attachments:
bridge3.jpg
same thing happened to my guitar. i just decided that would be a good idea to get the guitar set up cause i was gonna anyways. it will be the best $300 you have ever spent. just go get your guitar set up
I don't think it's worth it. It's a cheap guitar and I hope I'll buy a new one in the near future. Any other ideas?
when you pivot the trem bar, does something on the bridge move?

you have a fixed bridge.

yes no springs. that's all i was making sure of. you 'd be surprised the types of questions we get.

you need to look up your bridge (guitar ) model, if it's stock. either post the type, or find it on samick site, and we can figure out the best way to set it up.

in what way is it not "balanced"?

http://www.smcmusic.com/mi_product_contact.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 4, 2008,
Couldn't find my guitar on their site. It's an old guitar.
Quote by jj1565
in what way is it not "balanced"?

Just look at the second picture in the first post, see the angle of the tremolo thing or however it's called? I can hardly use it this way. When I rotate it it touches the strings!
Last edited by FuneralFog at Nov 4, 2008,
honestly, i wouldnt bother with the trem bar on that guitar, as it wouldnt probably throw the guitar out of tune anyway.

but there's a chance that the hole where that trem bar is screwed into, is crooked.
maybe it can be adjusted there, or maybe the bar is crooked, or there is a screw around there that can level it.

i honestly would be able to help if i had the guitar in front of me.

but it'll be trial and error without a manual here.

you know how to intonate and adjust the action on that thing?
that's really the most important part.
just wondering.

and the post has a link to the "questions" page. you can send tham an email.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I don't think there's anything crooked, it's just like the bridge is too weak and the strings pull it down. Maybe I should remove the bridge and check if there's anything inside that can be adjusted.
Thanks for your help.
just be careful, it's not a top of the line, and take parts off might lead to more problems.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Right... Maybe I should try to do it with a friend who knows more about guitars.
Again, thanks everyone for trying to help.
That's a Kahler Flyer trem - the big hole in the middle of the roller is your tension adjustment, you'll need a suitable sized allen key for it...turning it clockwise will increase the spring tension (I *think* , I don't have my Kahler anymore), anticlockwise will lower spring tension.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/kahlerflyer.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 5, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
That's a Kahler Flyer trem - the big hole in the middle of the roller is your tension adjustment, you'll need a suitable sized allen key for it...turning it clockwise will increase the spring tension (I *think* , I don't have my Kahler anymore), anticlockwise will lower spring tension.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/images/kahlerflyer.html

about time

im surprised it took this long for someone to identify that as a kahler trem
In all fairness I had an advantage seeing as I owned one for 15 years
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah i saw those before, but had no idea where to adjust it or the name.

i was hope eventually someone who had one would post.

diamond dave, way to monday morning quarterback.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62