I was trying some sweeps and noticed that my pinky finger kinda bends around to push the string down. Should it be straight like the other fingers? Do I need to amputate? I really hope this isn't a bad habit.

you have small fingers
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Nope, it's perfectly fine. My pinky does that as well, and it doesn't hamper my playing at all.
o man...ive seen this before, your whole hand needs to come off
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
That's just the way the hand works. Spread your fingers out a bit and move each finger up and down. It still does that. The index finger does the same thing to a lesser degree.

Unless you want to uncomfortably pivot your wrist, then that's the way it's supposed to go.

EDIT:
SAUSAGE FINGERS
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Its better to keep your finger's straight. It's not too hard to correct hand problems like this once you're aware of them and if you make an effert to fix them while you play.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
if stretch out you hand and push kinda push it along a table our something bends the finger back straight i did it takes a while of doing but it helps
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
you should be worried about your thumb position though imo

It is personal preference, but its better (i think) to have it more centered and perpendicular to the neck not parallel to it.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
you should be worried about your thumb position though imo

It is personal preference, but its better (i think) to have it more centered and perpendicular to the neck not parallel to it.

I was only doing that to hold the guitar cause i had to take the pic with my right hand. Good looking out tho. My thumb used to wrap around the neck vertically, like you would do while playing acoustic, but i fixed it.

Thx for all the comments.