This might be a really stupid question but I am going to try anyway. I realize Dave Mustaine does not know any music theory but are there any common scales/key signatures/ect. that he tends to use in Megadeth? (I really like their style, and I was curious). Thanks for the help.
That would depend very heavily on which guitarist you're referring to. Friedman's style is not even remotely similar to Mustain's, for instance. Most of it is based heavily in the minor scale, but that's really not going to make you sound like them.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
thank you, and both guitarists would be nice. and for the record i am not really trying to sound like it was more a question out of curiosity.
he does use a lot of pentatonic stuff, so i would say the aeolian scale but marty uses very foreign scales like phrygian dominant.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by bologna121121
thank you, and both guitarists would be nice. and for the record i am not really trying to sound like it was more a question out of curiosity.

Friedman details his approach to soloing quite thoroughly in Melodic Control, which a quick search of google video should turn up (or look in bangoodcharlote's sig). I'm not terribly sure about Mustain, but most of what I've heard seems to be centered around the minor pentatonic and natural minor scale, which a number of a chromatic tones thrown in for good measure.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Actually, thanks to some lessons before their "Blackmail the Universe" album, Mustaine knows some things about theory.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by meanmrmustad
Im stuck in Dave Mustaine Riff writing mode for some reason....

That is a good thing.

Dave's gold riffs + Marty's exotic solos = Megadeth