I'm Lookin for a superstrat.... preferably with an OFR, and an ebony fingerboard, and active pickups. the last one isn't mandatory. max budget is $1,200, and thanks for any help
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Ehh... not too big on sigs... the inlays are nice though..

what do you guys think of this, with a pickup change?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738
Last edited by Killedelphia19 at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by IbanezRulez
Ibanez Rulz man, but he wanted an Original Floyd Rose... and this is an Edge Pro...

but it still rules

that was my post

and, i've heard good things about the edge pros...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

He said Ebony fretboard...

TS: Check out Jackson, ESP, Schecter and Ibanez, make sure you go to a guitar store and try them out though, dont' just choose what we say.

Saying that, this ticks all your boxes.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-JH600-Jeff-Hanneman-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542078

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Killedelphia19
that was my post

and, i've heard good things about the edge pros...

They're good but you might want to replace the pickups replaced (or not, I heard some people actually like them though so YMMV)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Jackson SL3 ftw http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

EDIT: no ebony fretboard actually, but oh well its still worth it

the edge pros are a good trem by the way TS but i really can't stand ibanez necks, you may be different though so it would be worth trying it out.
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
Stupid question, but whats a superstrat?

It's like a strat, but changed up a little bit
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by GuitarMusic4894
Stupid question, but whats a superstrat?

It's a guitar that takes the basic strat design and maybe makes it a bit more pointy, more extreme cutaways for better upper fret access and more often than not has a humbucker in the bridge, if not the neck as well instead of your standard triple single coil configuration.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
schecter blackjack ATX has all of those features, strat shape, ebony board, OFR, Duncan Blackouts, 24 frets

around 700-800 i think
Quote by guitar99099
It's like a strat, but changed up a little bit

What an explanation
HI
Quote by Chad11491
schecter blackjack ATX has all of those features, strat shape, ebony board, OFR, Duncan Blackouts, 24 frets

around 700-800 i think

/thread

best playing guitar ive played
Quote by Chad11491

around 700-800 i think

thanx man, i'm not a big fan of the schecters i've tried, but keep in mind the only guitar stor near me dosent carry schecters that cost more than about 500 dollars, and i'm lookin for a quality instrument.

anyone got any other suggestions?
I'd consider trying out one of those Ibanez's with the licensed FR and there's probably some ESP that fits the specs.

Also that Schecter that was mentioned, that's prolly a really good guitar.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's a guitar that takes the basic strat design and maybe makes it a bit more pointy, more extreme cutaways for better upper fret access and more often than not has a humbucker in the bridge, if not the neck as well instead of your standard triple single coil configuration.

Plus its Longer in length than your average strat thanks to a Floyd Rose Trem unit, which means a bigger body for lesser loss in sustain + usually superstrats mostly come with 24 frets
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
My apologies, looks like the good guy dealers for Jackson raised their prices. Great guitars but dealing with Fender for warranty sucks ass cause they will fight you every step of the way on high end guitars.

Just look at the carvin custom shop. Right up your ally in both quality and price.
Quote by Diamond Dave
Jackson SL3 ftw http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

EDIT: no ebony fretboard actually, but oh well its still worth it

the edge pros are a good trem by the way TS but i really can't stand ibanez necks, you may be different though so it would be worth trying it out.

Agreed.
I never really felt comfortable when playing an Ibanez, no matter high-end it was.
The SL3 doesn't fit all your requirements, but they are damn nice guitars.
Member of the Laney Cult
Is it just me or is the KH-602 and the JH-600 pretty much the same guitar? lol I'm only stating this because someone recommended each of them.
That JH had a kahler trem, not an OFR
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
About that JH sig guitar, i was reading the description and i came upon this

"original Floyd Rose-licensed tremolo lets you dive-bomb screaming targets without losing tuning stability"

What.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
I THINK that is outdated. I'm pretty sure they all have Kahlers now. But for a Super-strat with those specs, I would just build one from parts. That is part of the allure of a true super-strat, to have some bastardized thing put together from parts

(They all don't need to be ugly though like mine )

Quote by mr.rs
I'm so sick of everyone's answer always being IBENHAD!
They're overrated!

Hater.
ಠ_ಠ
I would definately look into ESP i was a long time Schecter guy. But im becoming quite fond of the products ESP puts out.
I know alot of people like Ibanez (and we all prefer diffrent things). But ive never picked one up that felt right to me. They feel cheap, i always feel like i am gonna break them in half. But you may love Ibanez... Just go try as many guitars as you can, and see which one begs you to buy it.
Quote by Food_for_funk
Get a Carvin.

Indeed. A custom Carvin will own any store bought guitar for the price.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by CJRocker
I THINK that is outdated. I'm pretty sure they all have Kahlers now. But for a Super-strat with those specs, I would just build one from parts. That is part of the allure of a true super-strat, to have some bastardized thing put together from parts

(They all don't need to be ugly though like mine )

+1

thats what i'm doing as soon as im finished with my uni exams this year