ok so heres the situation. im in love with August burns red tone. they use peavey 6505 and framus amps. i tried the 6505 LOVE IT. but its also costs 1800. dont have that kinda money. i have a crappey crate flexwave halfstack. and im getting so ridiculo0usy tired of it. i was gunna sell it and buy a spider 3 halfstack because its more versatile but that wont give me the exacdt tone either. well i got to thinking there has got to be a pedal out there that can help me achieve the tone im looking for. if you dont know who august burns red is go listen so you can get an idea of what im talking about. so PLZ if anyone can help point me in a direction of a good distortion pedal to get that tone. tell ME!!!!!
^-1
whats your budget my friend.
pedals wont help you for that amp, you need a new one.
500-700$ and your set.
But just see what you got and lets see what we can cuggest.
Quote by THEKID546
whats your budget my friend.
pedals wont help you for that amp, you need a new one.

i dont have a set budget but not alot lol how bout that. idk im i have somone that might by the crate for 300. so that would go towards it and then. idk another couple hundred i could put in. idk. only like 600-700. not much. thats why im just looking at pedals because i have no money lol
used 5150 combo on ebay $500 /done.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Sounds like you sir, need a new amp. Pedals won't just magically make an amazing tone come from a low end amp.
Don't try to polish a turd, new amp first.

budget?

EDIT: You just answered that
+1 to the 5150 combo.
Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by Stratoblaster73
Sounds like you sir, need a new amp. Pedals won't just magically make an amazing tone come from a low end amp.
Don't try to polish a turd, new amp first.

budget?

EDIT: You just answered that
+1 to the 5105 combo.

600-700. yea i would do that but i already look dude. there is not gunna be a used combo 5150 for 500. thats a dream.
if you have 600-700 you could might be able to snag a decently used 6505 combo?
which would blow any pedal out of the water.

EDIT: beaten, twice.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by impeachpedro10
if you have 600-700 you could might be able to snag a decently used 6505 combo?
which would blow any pedal out of the water.

EDIT: beaten, twice.

absolutely right but think realistickly. there is not gunna be a used combo for 600-700. if people are smart they wont even sell the 6505 in the first place. cuz its amazing lol. idk i mean maybe you could find one but that would be slim .
Quote by Tonoloc
600-700. yea i would do that but i already look dude. there is not gunna be a used combo 5150 for 500. thats a dream.

no its not i see them go for as low as 400 sometimes.
No they won't lol theres a BIN one for $550, although it's pickup only in Washington that doesn't bring the value down.

I think you already made up your mind that you want the pedal so get it. Just tellin you that the 5150 is the same amp as the 6505 but theres some differences in the clean channel i believe.

thanks for the help. cuz actually now that i think about it. most of these bids are about to end so . it might not change. only thing thats sucks is i have to sell my crate first before i buy antoehr amp cuz thats going towards the funds lol
Quote by tr3nt
No they won't lol theres a BIN one for $550, although it's pickup only in Washington that doesn't bring the value down.

I think you already made up your mind that you want the pedal so get it. Just tellin you that the 5150 is the same amp as the 6505 but theres some differences in the clean channel i believe.

oh i would be extrememly happy with either one. cuz they are pretty much same. i have heard sound tests of 5150 and i cream myself everytime i hear it. i think its the presence knob that i love aobut the amp so much or resonance. whichever one makes the sound crunchier. ugh its amamzing. that the best option but yea cant remember which one it is.
^yup the presence knob is one of the most responsive knobs on the amp.
I like it to when ever i need a bitt more top end, a bit more fizz and fuzz.
Plus the combos come with reverb.