Page 1 of 2
Whenever i tell someone that i play guitar they always ask me to play something for them, and i can never think of anything cool to play. So i was wondering what are some cool/impressive songs you play for people when they ask you to play something
Unholly confessions by avenged sevenfold
people always like raining blood and sweet child too
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Some theme tune. Star Wars is always a fun one!! People who don't play guitar aren't impressed by any amount of shred, they want to hear something they recognise.
just shred...tis what i do when asked and then they are like "whoa d00d!!!11!! What song wus that??" and i am like nothing...i just made it up and then theyre like
nothin man, i just jam out. whatever's on my mind at the time is what they hear.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Harmonic minor improv.

Opeth - patterns in the ivy
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I play electric and acoustic. I recently have figured out "Jenny Wren" by Paul McCartney spot on. That is a cool fingerpicking thing I like to do. I always find it more impressive when I sing, too.
Free Bird.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
the intro of Guitars Suck by Bumblefoot.

sounds so awesome
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
i like to play a bit of "Ten Words" but I don't suggest that if you want to impress them. Just do Sweet Child.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
I do the first few seconds of "Cliffs of Dover." Or some blues in G.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by DCarney9116
Unholly confessions by avenged sevenfold
people always like raining blood and sweet child too

+1
Quote by Quam Celerrime
I don't play for people. I play for myself.

indeed.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i ussually just improve some tapping(i dont like playin other ppls stuff cus ppl get mad if you get somethin wrong)
also the intro to stairway excites non guitar players
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
I usually do the verse riff of bark at the moon
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Dee ~ Randy Rhoads... then I tell them to leave me alone.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
i usually just do some sweet improv.

but usually people ask me to play
Sweet Child o Mine
Stairway
and pretty much every cliched song....
don't bother playing anything impressive, seriously play something people know. not that long ago I was at my friends house and there were a bunch of guys/girls hanging out my friend Jeff who knows I play was like "alright imma go get my guitar but only if scott will play" so i did for a while just playing whatever, then I played some harder stuff little wing for one, idk what else and no body seemed to notice. Then when I play "shook me all night long" people liked it. lame. I knew one of the girls in particular likes that song so thats why i played it but still...
Well you can play **** all on a bass without accompanyment in my opinion but when someone asks me to play something on the binghi drum I usually go with one of my own chants with some improvised drumming in the background.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Well I would play Benighted if it was an acoustic guitar, The Unforgive solo if it was electric but now I wanna see how well I could do this improv on this Egyptian sounding scale.
Paradise City by GNR is what I do first usually; I play whatever I have learned recently.
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
Phrygian raised 7th (?) improv usually. Depending on the tuning I'm in I'll play some Dream Theater, Nevermore or Opeth.
Layla Unplugged by Clapton, easy, a bit fast looking, and what always pops into my head.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

icumblood

im srry it had to be done
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
number of the beast by Iron Maiden...whip out a classic, then everyone's friends!

If not that, Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria, people in my school seem to love that song.
Snow(Hey oh) usually gets the girls super hyped. Other than that i just play some random blues improvisation.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

play stairway to heaven lol if all else fails just run around screaming BALLS ON TOAST BALLS ON TOAST!!!!!!!
Quote by Quam Celerrime
I don't play for people. I play with myself.

fixed
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

acoustic - Led Zeppelin : over the hills and far away
Electric - Led Zeppelin : black dog
Play something they reconise that sounds resonablely difficult I would say the top 5 would be;
5.Iron Man- Black Sabbath
4.Purple Haze- Jimi Hendrix
3.Sweet Child of Mine- Guns 'n' Roses
2.Thunderstruck- AC/DC
1.Stairway to Heaven- Led Zep

Or anything else with a well known, easily reconisable riff!
But not "Smoke on the Water" cause even non-guitarists know how piss easy that song is
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Sabbath89
Dee ~ Randy Rhoads... then I tell them to leave me alone.

same here except I get teh **** out of my face arsehole
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Page 1 of 2