Ok so I have a guitar and it has 2 vol control and 2 pups. As it is, i keep the neck vol off and use the toggle as an on/off switch. I'm installing new pickups soon and im only puttin in a new bridge pup and leaving the neck out. if it is disconnected and everything will the toggle still work as an on/off or will i have to add something to it or get a different kind?
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
yea itll work or yea i need to get somethin more?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
oh ok. thats what i thought but then i thought maybe itd go crazy or somethin not having anything to switch to

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Actually, since you'll have a position that's floating, it'll inject noise into the signal. You'll need to ground the unused lug. If it's a 3-pos. on/on/on, it'll kill the 'neck' and 'both' positions.

I have an old MIJ Conrad that has (essentially) 2 SPST pup switches. When bothe are "off" you hear nothing but hum and buzz.
Quote by InvaderJim
KILLSWITCHES ARE OVERRATED!

Anyway... why dont you just have a seperate on on switch, one lugs goes to the volume pot and the other lug gets wired to the outut jack.