I need to build dexterity for my right hand most of all, but am also looking for newer and more technical exercises for both hands. Nothing like the tedious 1-2-3-4 across the strings exercises, please. Give me something that will hurt the first few times. =P Also, I would like to work on some Arpeggios and Speedy-Bendy stuff(such as the 2nd solo in Entrance of the Conflagration by Trivium), so if you know of exercises like that please let me know.

Thank you.
well. try playing the scales in all positions but instead of playing them stright thoruhg, play it in groups of four. So eg. for C maj 1st postion starting on the low E, pla E F G A, F G A B< G A B C etc, using 16th notes.

Then try playing a scale and say 2 bars in switch scales using cyle of fifths, repat until yo get back to the orginal scale, so starting at C, 2 bars of C then 2 bars G etc until yoy reach C again.
as far as picking exercises go i use a pattern like this:
String: 1 6 2 5 3 4
Pickingdirection:up down up down up down
then do it all up and all down, but it has to be as fast as you can and use a lotta wrist movement with little arm movement then play it with more finger moving and less wrist movement
it makes for a pretty good picking workout
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
well. try playing the scales in all positions but instead of playing them stright thoruhg, play it in groups of four. So eg. for C maj 1st postion starting on the low E, pla E F G A, F G A B< G A B C etc, using 16th notes.

Then try playing a scale and say 2 bars in switch scales using cyle of fifths, repat until yo get back to the orginal scale, so starting at C, 2 bars of C then 2 bars G etc until yoy reach C again.

You totally lost me.. Have a tab for it, maybe? =P
yeah sorry about that lol, here is a example in the 1st postion of the c maj scale

normally you play it like this

e 0 1 3
b 0 1 3
g 0 2
D 0 2 3
A 0 2 3
E 0 1 3

And then back down. Instread, play it like this (make sure you use strict alternate picking)

e
b
g
D 0 0 etc
A 0 0 2 0 2 3 0 2 3 2 3
E 0 1 3 1 3 3

Sorry, thats probably not much more helpful, but basically you are playing 4 notes at a time. The first time you start on the open E and then go to the open A (that first little cluster) Then you go back t the low e, but start on the 3nd note of the firt pattern (in this case the 1st fret of the low E) and then go to the 2nd fret of the A string, which is the secdon cluster. You then keep doing this up and down the whole neck, it's a great exercise! Hope that helped.