ok guys i had a life changing day today and im now getting a job.

which is best from personel experiance?

Target
Barnes and Noble (book store)
Starbucks
Subway
Best Buy
Gamestop

anywhere else?
Target. Probably the most steady business.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
Target. Probably the most steady business.

If you are going to work a shitty job at least find one you don't have to do much or get good discounts. I would go with bestbuy.
subway was a good place to work when i worked there a few months ago..

easiest job i ever had.. granted i'm only 17
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by PureRockNRoll
If you are going to work a shitty job at least find one you don't have to do much or get good discounts. I would go with bestbuy.

then whats a not so shitty job?
Quote by PureRockNRoll

You don't need to work at a particular place to not do much and get good discounts. I worked at KFC for two years, at a busy restaurant, and still did no work and took whatever I wanted.

Me and another kitchenhand used to go on smoko break together, smoke some weed, come back and eat all the popcorn chicken. Granted, my manager was a stoner as well...
How old are you? If your old enough you could work at a bar. Working at bars is awesome, I cooked in one when I was 17, whenever we weren't busy me and the bartender would play pool.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
How old are you? If your old enough you could work at a bar. Working at bars is awesome, I cooked in one when I was 17, whenever we weren't busy me and the bartender would play pool.

im 16 but i turn 17 in january
Quote by FortuneFaded
im 16 but i turn 17 in january

me to

work a guitar center and get discounts
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
granted Guitar Center usually only hires full-time employees.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I liked lifegaurding. Some training required, but then you just need to stand around and watch people swim. Easy as the proverbial pie.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Has anyone else tried deep-frying a baby before? I mean, they're delicious. And if you got the fat boiling real hot they only scream for like, 30 seconds.

Wait, this is the Pit, right?
Well food business sucks unless your making tips which you wont in your choices. Retail sucks...

But I would go Barnes and Noble first off the list because you can use to discount on books such as guitar books (I suspect you play guitar you are on Ultimate-guitar) and then Best Buy better pay plus discount on cds/games. Actually I would go Best Buy first I hear they pay amazing
Quote by MeMB
Has anyone else tried deep-frying a baby before? I mean, they're delicious. And if you got the fat boiling real hot they only scream for like, 30 seconds.

fail
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by MeMB

You, sir, are the first person I have seen to go over the lenient boundaries of the Pit's acceptable behavior. I don't know whether to commend you or condemn you. Golfclap to you
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
Well food business sucks unless your making tips which you wont in your choices. Retail sucks...

But I would go Barnes and Noble first off the list because you can use to discount on books such as guitar books (I suspect you play guitar you are on Ultimate-guitar) and then Best Buy better pay plus discount on cds/games. Actually I would go Best Buy first I hear they pay amazing

But at least with fast food, you're making more than minimum wage.

Quote by MetalMusicianAl
take whatever job you can get.

This. For what it's worth, the only one of those places I've seen hiring in the past year that I've been unemployed is Best Buy.
You're*
Quote by xaviergray
You, sir, are the first person I have seen to go over the lenient boundaries of the Pit's acceptable behavior. I don't know whether to commend you or condemn you. Golfclap to you

Well, any praise or complaints are a bit misplaced. I actually just read this as a comment on a YouTube video. Obviously, the comment had no relevance. I found it funny and I thought I would share it with you all.

I'm just not that original. Or sick.

Ok, I'll stop derailing this thread now.

Quote by MeMB
Well, any praise or complaints are a bit misplaced. I actually just read this as a comment on a YouTube video. Obviously, the comment had no relevance. I found it funny and I thought I would share it with you all.

I'm just not that original. Or sick.

Ok, I'll stop derailing this thread now.

Just goes to show how much more sophisticated Pit Monkeys are than Youtube Dwellers.
Best Buy is awesome. Huge employee discounts and great pay, but it is hard as hell to get a job there. I've sent in quite a few applications. You really almost have to know someone that works there and will refer you to get the job.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by MeMB

I LOLed so much. You made my morning....
Granted I did go try this afterwars....
I wish to be a pirate and nothing more.
I love me some Monkey Island.
Quote by FortuneFaded
ok guys i had a life changing day today and im now getting a job.

which is best from personel experiance?

Target
Barnes and Noble (book store)
Starbucks
Subway
Best Buy
Gamestop

anywhere else?

Retail sucks dick. If you are a game nerd then Gamestop would be the easiest and most fun of that list. Other than Gamestop I would go with Barnes and Noble.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Best Buy will get you a lot of money, but I hear dealing with the people there is torture.

any food place is the worst choice you can make.

I'd go Barnes an Noble. Maybe not the most money, but it doesn't sound like a very stressful job.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Work anything that'll pay $10/hr... like me!
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
You'll probably find it hard to get a job at those places this time of year... retail is always popular with high/secondary school students, and most places do their christmas temp hiring about october time...

If you can get one, go with somewhere like gamestop, I work in a UK equivalent, and it's pretty easy work, plus most of the guys there are a laugh, because they're all gamers, so they know how to have fun
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new