ok so i bought a 12 pack of ernie ball regular slinky. but then i realized they are not sealed. is there anyway i can preserve them so they don't go to waste? example like using one of these air tight seals? except i don't have these bags so any suggestions?
Im sure they wont rust... how often do you hear of someone getting a pack of rusty strings? I mean I'm sure there are strings that have sat for awhile without being bought. as long as you don't like have them in some really poor guitar string environment.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Don't Stop
You won't have a problem unless you put them in an unusually humid place.

Meaning avoid voist maginas
Quote by ofXoneblood
cryogenically freeze them.

it worked for austin powers, anyway...

works for my fav strings, blue steels.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
put them in a big ziplock bag, zip it all except for the corner, suck the air out with your mouth, seal the rest really fast..

make your own vacuum seal.

i don't know if they would corrode otherwise tho..

otherwise, maybe just clingwrap them.. saran wrap... plastic wrap.. whatever you call it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by TK1
works for my fav strings, blue steels.

/wait is that a zoolander reference? lol

if you have one of those mini vaccuum packers for packing cheese and meat and stuff you could just vaccuum pack your string packs individually lmao
Quote by Tedward
/wait is that a zoolander reference? lol

if you have one of those mini vaccuum packers for packing cheese and meat and stuff you could just vaccuum pack your string packs individually lmao

lol i'm thinking about it. cause its gonna take me awhile to go though 12 packs of strings. i change them once every 2 month. so that's 2 years....

edit: wait nvm i forgot i have two guitars lol. so its gonna take me a year to get though them. i think i'll order dedario or other vacuum sealed pack even though i don't like them very much.