I am a dinosaur fanatic. And I want to talk to people here on UG about stuff like this.
I don't care if you like dinosaurs, nautilus', or prehistoric flora, talk about it on here.

BTW I know I am lame for talking about dinosaurs, but so what.......
To start off, who likes Tyrannosaurus Rex? And why?
where's smb when you need her.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
I thought dinosaurs were cool when I was like seven.

I like trilobites.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
where's smb when you need her.

her!? smb is female!???
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
The real question is could 5 raptors take out a t rex?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
McCain?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by dillonrips7
Cool. I actually have a few small fossils of trilobites.

Yeah, I still have my fossil collection from years ago and all the videos and books somewhere locked up.

FVCK YEAH, TRILOBITES!
last.fm[/url}
Quote by cheeseman3001
her!? smb is female!???

as far as I know...unless
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Yeah, I still have my fossil collection from years ago and all the videos and books somewhere locked up.

FVCK YEAH, TRILOBITES!

Awesome man, I have a buttload of books on shit like that in my closet.
When I was around ten, i would read every ****ing book about dinosaurs at the library. I honestly probably went there about 3 times a week.
you mean Palintology? :P

actually i used to love dinosaurs and still find them pretty facsinating. When i was a kid i got this kit where you put these eggs in water and trilobites were supposed to grow. And they did. Im completely serious, they weren't sea monkeys or brine shrimp or any of that. They were flat, wide and maybe half the size of my thumb and swimming around and such. Eventually they all died and i've never been able to find the kit i got them from again.

edit:

mine looked like this, but alive

Quote by cheeseman3001
her!? smb is female!???
Very beardy female if so.

Nah, smb is a he who ocassionally likes to dress as a she.
Quote by tayroar
The real question is could 5 raptors take out a t rex?

yes. I believe there is actually proof of this
Quote by Faux
you mean Palintology? :P

actually i used to love dinosaurs and still find them pretty facsinating. When i was a kid i got this kit where you put these eggs in water and trilobites were supposed to grow. And they did. Im completely serious, they weren't sea monkeys or brine shrimp or any of that. They were flat, wide and maybe half the size of my thumb and swimming around and such. Eventually they all died and i've never been able to find the kit i got them from again.

Haha thats cool. the same thing happened to me. It was all really expensive, and the little trilop things died within a week.
Quote by Faux
I remember mine lasting a while actually. Or maybe it seemed like that cause i was a little kid. But seriously what were they? and why are they not around anymore?

They aren't actually extinct creatures. they are relatives, or decendants of trilobites. i'm pretty sure they are called trilops or something in that nature.

^Oh and 5 velocirators couldn't even dream of taking down a T-Rex.
Velociraptors were only about 6 feet long, 2.5 feet high. pretty wimpy.
T-rex is maybe 45 feet long, 10,000 psi bite force.
Quote by dillonrips7

^Oh and 5 velocirators couldn't even dream of taking down a T-Rex.
Velociraptors were only about 6 feet long, 2.5 feet high. pretty wimpy.
T-rex is maybe 45 feet long, 10,000 psi bite force.

have you ever seen jurassic park?

If you go to some kind of natural history museum, i'm sure they have them there. In the gift shop of course.

^edit: In Jurassic Park you are dealing with genetically engineered creatures, not the actual dinosaurs. They did that so that they would actually look scary, and not look like oversized turkeys. Deinonychus, a relative in the dromeosaur family aka the "raptors", was more like the velociraptor in Jurassic park, about 12 feet long, 5-6 feet high.
Last edited by dillonrips7 at Nov 4, 2008,
I love dinosaurs.

I just drew some on a paper in English last week... I don't do shit in English, but dinosaurs are godly

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by Faux
Ah. Ever since they died i've always wanted to get 'em again, but i can't find them anywhere

Do you mean these:
http://www.labstuff.nl/index1.html (scroll down a bit, to the english part)

My brother had these, scared me half to death
*shivers*

Meh, when I was in egypt, I met a guy who believed that dinosaurs was just a big coverup made by the Gov years ago. He thought that all the fossils were planted and that the archeologists were in on it. O.o
Quote by Mudmen190
Heres some thread fodder:
Was T-Rex a hunter or scavenger?

well there is evidence that supports that it was both.
Hunter aspects- It had huge, powerful jaws, useful for taking down large prey. it had strong legs, good for ambush attacks. Excellent eye sight and smell.

Scavenger aspects-It was not belived to be a good long distance runner. good smell supports idea of it seeking out a carcass. Tiny arms were not useful for capturing live prey. Large size scared smaller animals from a fresh kill.

Quote by metaldud536
Dr.Grant! Look what I found at Mt.Moon!

haha oh god
Quote by MissyxMorphine
Do you mean these:

*shivers*

Meh, when I was in egypt, I met a guy who believed that dinosaurs was just a big coverup made by the Gov years ago. He thought that all the fossils were planted and that the archeologists were in on it. O.o

Hell yea! thanks!!
Quote by MissyxMorphine
Do you mean these:

*shivers*

I think I had those too, but they never hatched.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid and still find them fascinating.
Quote by Mudmen190
Euoplocephalus

Epic

Kentrosaurus

Quetzalcoatlus

Thats the size of a giraffe.

Quetzalcoatlus is huge. 40 foot wing span.
I see. Well anyway I'm pretty into paleontology. As a kid it's all I was interested in. Now dinosaurs have taken a back seat to sex and music, but it's still lurking there.
Quote by smb
I see. Well anyway I'm pretty into paleontology. As a kid it's all I was interested in. Now dinosaurs have taken a back seat to sex and music, but it's still lurking there.

I've pretty much been obsessed with dinosaurs since I was 3 or 4. it's quite fulfilling when you've known what you wanted to do in your life since you were a toddler.