Page 1 of 3
It's official: No one in my family will speak to me anymore.

This morning, my whole family went out to breakfast together. At this breakfast, we (inevitably) fell into a political argument. It was them (6 of them) against me, an Obama supporter.

After debating with them (which was quite hard, they're hardcore Bible thumpers), using my internet-enabled phone to cite sources, they concluded that I was right. However, being that they are so hardcore, religiously, and their church told them McCain was the right candidate, I'm alienated from my family.

Heck, my mom's entire argument was, "Who cares if we destroy the environment? Jesus is coming back very soon, and we won't have to deal with it!"

tl;dr: My family supports McCain, I support Obama. My family won't speak to me anymore.

I need a hug
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I got caught smokin' the ganja once, all I had in my room for a month and a half was a mattress, no door.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Bleh.
Sorry dude, some people just aren't open to new ideas, I guess.
Don't worry, you won't be alienated forever, they're family.

edit:
nice first response
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Join the club.

(theres a meeting on thursday)
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
You could move in with me... we dislike McCain, and we're Japanese too!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
*hugs*

What's up with *most* church-goes voting for McCain? Because Palin's Christian?

Just because she's Christian doesn't make her any less of an idiot.

Your family is extremely arrogant if they alienate you because of a certain president you support. :/
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by hide_the_beer
Bleh.
Sorry dude, some people just aren't open to new ideas, I guess.
Don't worry, you won't be alienated forever, they're family.

Oh no, you don't understand. This is the family who shunned me for a month, literally no one talked to me at all, because I said that gays should be allowed to marry. They only came around when I (lied) told them that I changed my mind.

They don't come around very easily.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'm with your parents on this one.

Obama is presidential fail waiting to happen.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Some Christians, eh? Did they forget the Bible is pro-families?
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
Wait till you tell them you're gay

wait....you really are?

No, I just told them that I think gays should be allowed to marry. Several of my close friends are gay.

I like dem wemmenz.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
my family and i have an unspoken agreement to interact as minimally as possible. it works out pretty well. but im sure you wont be alienated forever just because of a political argument
I must say your family is extremely retarded. Ive never heard a family act like that outside of tv
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Laugh at them because Obama is about to win.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
Quote by PlayMadness

Heck, my mom's entire argument was, "Who cares if we destroy the environment? Jesus is coming back very soon, and we won't have to deal with it!"

I need a hug

*hugs and gropes*
Why can't your family just respect other peoples views instead of acting like a giant douche crew? They will get over it though. This election has caused this country to literally split apart and made people want to kill each other over a f u c k ing voting choice, not realizing we are screwed no matter who gets in.
Quote by Pepefloydean
Laugh at them because Obama is about to win.

This. Then move in with me or something.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
truth is my family is all aliens....

just turn the tv to CNN and laugh at them for the inevitable Obama win.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
right about know id go point and say "HAHA i was right because obamah has 206 electoral votes and mcain has 141,plus there is no god,tell em that came from me
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
wow lol that sucks balls. One time my mom took my ****ing door right off the hinges and threw it on the lawn. I told my dad that i hated her and he gave me my door back lol. this still dosent even compare to your suckish situation but i thought it was worth telling lol.

Just explain to your family that even though you might disagree with them....you still want to be a part of the family. Avoid awkward (political/religious) situations and ur problems are gone!!!!

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
*hugs*

What's up with *most* church-goes voting for McCain? Because Palin's Christian?

Just because she's Christian doesn't make her any less of an idiot.

Your family is extremely arrogant if they alienate you because of a certain president you support. :/

whats up with *most* black people voting for Obama? Because hes Black?

Just because hes black doesnt make him a better presidential choice.

see what I did there? It can go both ways.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by PlayMadness

Tell your mom to go play in traffic at dusk, blindfolded.

Seriously you seem smart, how the hell did that happen??
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by FredDurst #1fan
This election has caused this country to literally split apart and made people want to kill each other over a f u c k ing voting choice, not realizing we are screwed no matter who gets in.

+1

This is the most intelligent thing I have heard all day.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
Quote by metaldud536
*pic*

Seriously, now: Jeez, TS. I feel sorry for you. *hugs*
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
dude the pit is your family

*hugs*
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Page 1 of 3