Okay so I have found some guitars that I like but I still dont have the most experiance with guitars and I'm hesitant. My price range would be anywhere up to (preferably) about $700. Also any names of reliable and good guitar sites would be appreciated (I dont really know any besides ibanez, musiciansfriend, gibson, and guitarcenter.

I NEED to replace my old guitar. I havn't been playing for long so all I have is this crappy "First Act" starter guitar. It plays for crap and was only intended to stay with me till I knew if I for sure knew if I was going to stick with guitar.

Anyways, I like the look of the Ibanez Prestiges. I liked the look of these http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG370DXGP-Electric-Guitar?sku=512367 Ibanez guitars(espesually the Prestiges), the Ibanez seem to really grab my attention. That specific guitar I like but I dont know for sure. So any suggestions?
how long have you been playing?

what do you play?

BTW your not worthy of a prestige. IM not even worthy of a prestige, and ive been playing for like 3 years.
go to a local music shop, pick a bunch and play them. always always always go for playability over looks.

i also like the ibanez prestige series. i will recommend them to you, but also id like to ask what type of music you play.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
sure the way a guitar looks is a little important but you really need to go play a bunch of guitarts in your price range all at once. I/E guitar center
Quote by Tedward

BTW your not worthy of a prestige. IM not even worthy of a prestige, and ive been playing for like 3 years.

To be worthy to play a guitar you just need to be able to afford it!! Experience does not make you worthy to purchase certain guitars, if that were the case MANY guitarist would be stuck at starter kits.

However it would be pretty funny to go to a guitar store and something like this happens; i'm sorry this paticular guitar is a 5 star metal and from listening to your playing you fall into the 3 star therefore you should stick to these guitars here......oh you have the required funs for the five star however you are not worthy, maybe 2.... 3 stars will be better for you.
Quote by Pageles
To be worthy to play a guitar you just need to be able to afford it!! Experience does not make you worthy to purchase certain guitars, if that were the case MANY guitarist would be stuck at starter kits.

However it would be pretty funny to go to a guitar store and something like this happens; i'm sorry this paticular guitar is a 5 star metal and from listening to your playing you fall into the 3 star therefore you should stick to these guitars here......oh you have the required funs for the five star however you are not worthy, maybe 2.... 3 stars will be better for you.

no man thats not what i mean... but that would be funny lol

Its just a lot of people are very good at guitar, but cant afford such a great guitar. ANd then their are a lot of kids that get like $2000 dollars for their birthday from their grandmas and say "im gonna buy a guitar and its gonna be nicer than everyone whos better than me".

I dunno maybe im just an idiot but a beginner buying a brand new prestige ibanez just grinds my gears

EDIT: and to TS that guitar is pretty decent but know what you are getting into with the locking trem, AKA whammy bar.
Last edited by Tedward at Nov 4, 2008,
Haha Tedward I totally agree with you... hate those stupid idiots that think a nice new guitar means they are the next big thing... those are usually the dipshits that let the guitar dent, scratch, and collect dust if they ever even play it after the first 2months!

Anyways your right the Prestiges are a bit expensive for my skill level right now (but I can dream huh!!!). But the looks of some of those Ibanez is really cool and I hear that they play pretty good too. I want somthing that I will be satisfied with and I doubt this will be my last guitar but I hope it will keep me satisfied for some time.

By the way Killedelphia19 I would be willing to pay $700 but I would much rather pay somthing less than that.

Somthing I forgot to mention in my origional post: Looks are a factor but I would much rather have a guitar that would play well. If it were on option I would like somthing that really grabs people attention.

Oh yeah and you asked so i'll say it again: I play some rock and metal and pretty much whatever I feel like. I want to play stuff like Metallica and stuff like that (may be a little bit away but thats what im learning to play).
i look into the rg1570.

also, i was an ibanez devotee but since i played a prs i have changed my mind. try guitars with their wide-thin neck profile. the cheapest one is the SE Paul Allender. i think its around 700 bux.