Poll: Blind, or deaf?
Poll Options
View poll results: Blind, or deaf?
Blind
37 51%
Deaf
35 49%
Voters: 72.
I wanked the searchbar. Nothing came up.

I, personally, would rather be blind, because I plan on making a living with music, and if I went deaf my future would be screwed up quite badly. Just curious as to what the pit thinks about this.
bleaf, where you cannot see sound
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Blind, so I can still hear music.

Besides, I can still read the Pit. Microsoft Sam would have to doit, though.
As much as I would miss listening to music...I would miss the hot chicks more.
It was a graveyard smash.
I choose "smell blind" my sense of smell doesn't matter as much.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I'm partially deaf anyway. Listening to my ipod at full volume doesn't help either but I can't help it I need to hear it. But I'd chose to be blind.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by xaviergray

I, personally, would rather be blind, because I plan on making a living with music, and if I went deaf my future would be screwed up quite badly. Just curious as to what the pit thinks about this.

Yet Beethoven was deaf......
Please Stay,
Until I'm Gone,
I'm Here Hold On,
To Me I'm Right Here,
Waiting,
And Take My One Last Breath,
And Dont Forget,
That I Will Be Right Here,
Waiting
Quote by xaviergray

Beethoven was deaf when he wrote the Ninth Symphony.

EDIT: Fuck I'm stupid
deaf

I would just crank the bass on my amp, and still feel the music

plus I wouldn't have to deal with everyone bitching at me.
curses! foiled again

Epiphone Les Paul Custom "Silverburst"
Depends, many of my current hobbies would be limited if I was deaf.

Foreign Languages- I would have to give up my goals of becoming a well rounded language translator and would be limited to written translation only, which is easier actually.
Music- I would more or less have to give this up completely.
Weightlifting/Bodybuilding- Almost no effect, I would still be able to do this to full ability
Martial Arts- Little effect, outside hearing instructions

If I was blind

-I would have to give up reading and learning more or less, therefore I wouldn't be able to learn foreign languages from instructional book material.
-I might be able to participate in weightlifting/bodybuilding however I would have idea what I looked like, which is 95% of the motivation for this.
-Martial arts is impossible being blind
-Music would be nice to listen to, but I would probably give up playing it because I couldn't see frets/keys/etc.

Therefore I would much rather be deaf.
Being blind and a guitarist automatically means:

A. Instant fame
and
B. Really cool nickname
last.fm[/url}
definately blind, music is pretty much my whole life so i kinda need to hear...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
sir,i hate you for this question you have made my tiny brain explode
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by C. Limon
As much as I would miss listening to music...I would miss the hot chicks more.

Agreed. I could learn to read lip too. Not that I could fully make out what people say every time, but it's at least something.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Quote by Dilweed
Agreed. I could learn to read lip too. Not that I could fully make out what people say every time, but it's at least something.

Ah but you see if you were blind you could touch said hot chicks because one of the main ways you get to recognize people outside of voice is by their physical characteristics that you feel. So pretty much you can touch hot chicks all the time and no one will say a thing about it. That is pretty win too =D
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I rather be deaf.
So I could see b00bs and vajayjay!!!
I also gotta see the weed I'm buying!
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high

At me:
Quote by Sweaty Balls
You're retarded, thats what you are.

Quote by Insanitydenied
Saddest Story of the Week. You win this thread.

1+1= ME
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Ah but you see if you were blind you could touch said hot chicks because one of the main ways you get to recognize people outside of voice is by their physical characteristics that you feel. So pretty much you can touch hot chicks all the time and no one will say a thing about it. That is pretty win too =D

To me, touching for the rest of my life would be worse than seeing even if I was a virgin for the rest of my life. It would just kind of kill the sensation imo.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Blind, I could still play guitar, if I ran into a chick and copped a feel....I'm blind. "Oops."
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Blind. I need to be able to listen to music.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by Shadowenspirit

Well, you wouldn't really know they're hot until you've felt them. So for every hot chick you'll grope there will probably be one or more acne-headed, food engorged monstrosities.
Quote by EnemyWolf
-Music would be nice to listen to, but I would probably give up playing it because I couldn't see frets/keys/etc.

Not necessarily. If you were to try playing a guitar blindfolded, I think you'd be surprised by how well you could navigate just based on feel. With a bit of practice, you could play any instrument without looking. I've trained myself to play the piano upside-down and hands-crossed, Amadeus-style.

I think humanity might be a little better off if we were all blind. Shallowness would certainly take quite a hit. Not to say that humans won't still find stupid things about each other to complain about, of course...

I'd probably choose blindness over deafness for a number of musical and non-musical reasons. I knew there would be a bunch of "Music is my life, etc." responses when I saw the thread title...
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Nov 5, 2008,
Quote by Quintessence153
Not necessarily. If you were to try playing a guitar blindfolded, I think you'd be surprised by how well you could navigate just based on feel. With a bit of practice, you could play any instrument without looking. I've trained myself to play the piano upside-down and hands-crossed, Amadeus-style.

I think humanity might be a little better off if we were all blind. Shallowness would certainly take quite a hit. Not to say that humans won't still find stupid things about each other to complain about, of course...

I'd probably choose blindness over deafness for a number of musical and non-musical reasons. I knew there would be a bunch of "Music is my life, etc." responses when I saw the thread title.

Same with me, but I didn't feel like going in depth as I was the thread starter. It was honestly a tough choice for me, but blindness won out (that sounds really weird)

That was quite the philosophical post, by the way.
Quote by Quintessence153

I'd probably choose blindness over deafness for a number of musical and non-musical reasons. I knew there would be a bunch of "Music is my life, etc." responses when I saw the thread title.

i'll add to the bunch I need to hear music!!
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote by xaviergray
Same with me, but I didn't feel like going in depth as I was the thread starter. It was honestly a tough choice for me, but blindness won out (that sounds really weird)

That was quite the philosophical post, by the way.

Why, thank you, my good man. I was concerned, as I often am, that my post was too long-winded for the thread.

EDIT: ^ By all means. I'd be lying if I said that music didn't play a huge factor in my hypothetical choice.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Blind. I to love music too much to go deaf.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!