So, I have sold my 7 string, but am faced with a new problem. Should I buy a second guitar (I tend to play from standard to drop c) to be able to play all the tunings I'd like to, or should I go with the XTLive as I really would like a bunch of effects? I'd be using it mostly for the delays, tremelo, wah, and chorus, plus anything else I may **** around with. The guitar would be an Epi flying V, which I have always wanted as well. I just don't know if it is worth getting a second guitar as lately I have found myself just staying in drop d and standard more than anything else and doing alot of classic rock and hard rock, and not as much metal.

Which would be a better investment?
new guitar and a cheap multi fx pedal.. like a digitech RP80.. it's what i started with when i just wanted effects for screwing around with..

the guitar will outlast you... and once you figure out what effects you actually use, get a stompbox of it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Very true! I am not big into effects, and figured why spend all this dough when a multi FX would do me best overall. It would be more to mess with at home and practising, unless something struck me and I actually started getting into them alot more. Plus I could always sell the XT if I needed to.....
yea, i'd definately go multi-fx pedal then.. it's a great way to get a feel for what a flanger/chorus/tremelo/wah/reverb/delay you name it.

dont spend too much on a multi tho, cuz they're never really gonna be as good as stompboxes, IMO

use it as a tool to figure out what you want.. i ended up just getting wah, overdrive, and distortion, (reverb,delay,chorus,flanger are built into my amp tho)
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
why the flying v? its so uncomfortable to play, especially sitting down it stars to slide down you lap. you could get a nicer guitar for 500 than the v.
i forgot to mention that you have a real Gibson les paul already, i don't see why you would pick to play an epiphone over a Gibson.
Quote by blacklabel22333
i forgot to mention that you have a real Gibson les paul already, i don't see why you would pick to play an epiphone over a Gibson.

He was asking for input on his question, not your opinion on what guitar he should play. Personally, I prefer my $250 Kramer over my friends $1500 Fender Strat.

To TS - I think that if you're not sure about what kinds of effects you want to use, get the multi-fx. a Floor Pod Plus might work, and hell, you might just get like the Pod X3 'bean' ($299 I think). I had a Floor pod plus, and it helped me figure out what kinds of effects that I wanted, and ones that were too...psychedelic for me.

If you already know what kinds of effects you want to shape your own tone with, get the guitar. Flying V ftw.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
With the Xt Live, not only will you find out the fx you like but you'll find out what kind of amps you like.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
You already have a guitar you can tune down, but you don't have an effects pedal.

Seems pretty simple to me... get the POD. ^_^