I just heard that pot just got legalized in massachusetts is this true?
pics

or a link to were you heard it maybe

maybe some sort of backstory?
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
it got decriminalized for possession under an ounce, basically you have a 100 dollar fine, and a mandatory drug class if you're under 18.

also it doesnt go into effect until 30 days after some governors council
Schecter Damien FR
Hohner Acoustic
Crate V-18 212
Crate 10W Practice Amp
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion
Killswitch Pedal (Built by me)
Digitech RP350
No. It's like 1 oz or less= no criminal record, just a fine.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
At first I thought you had misspelled "En masse" and thought "Get this guy to Auschwitz, he's upset the Grammar Nazi" but then I found out you meant Massachusetts, and now I forget where I was going with this post so I'm going to stop now.
No it was decriminalized.

Offenders age 18 or older would be subject to forfeiture of the marijuana plus a civil penalty of $100. Offenders under the age of 18 would be subject to the same forfeiture and, if they complete a drug awareness program within one year of the offense, the same $100 penalty.

The proposition will become law 30 days after it's reported to the Governor's Council, which usually meets in late November or early December. But the Legislature could amend or repeal the new law, as they've done with some prior laws passed by the voters.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Volcom29
I just heard that pot just got legalized in massachusetts is this true?
True. That's the good news.

Now for the bad news ...

Smoking is now a felony in Massachusetts. Even smoking in your own home!
Not just tobacco, ANY kind of smoking.
So now you can have pot, but you still can smoke it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Now for the bad news ...

Source??
Quote by iimjpii
Source??

I think it was a joke.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Trefellin
I thought he meant like at mass, during church...

me two, I was like finally I won't have to sleep every Sunday during mass
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Onward Pit! To freedom! To victory! To...massachusetts? Screw that, not even legal weed is going to bring me to a place that I can barely spell or pronounce correctly.
I Had No Sig Once.

?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Now for the bad news ...

Oh well, brownies taste better anyways, and its better for my lungs.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by figsandbobo
I think it was a joke.
I was serious!

no, i wasn't. ;]
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Teh Forest King
No it was decriminalized.

Offenders age 18 or older would be subject to forfeiture of the plus a civil penalty of $100. Offenders under the age of 18 would be subject to the same forfeiture and, if they complete a awareness program within one year of the offense, the same $100 penalty.

The proposition will become law 30 days after it's reported to the Governor's Council, which usually meets in late November or early December. But the Legislature could amend or repeal the new law, as they've done with some prior laws passed by the voters.

Hm. Is Massachuesiforgethowtospellit the only state to do this so far? I dont really see much of a difference between this and the laws in effect in California.... someone explain?
Quote by aaronob
Hm. Is Massachuesiforgethowtospellit the only state to do this so far? I dont really see much of a difference between this and the laws in effect in California.... someone explain?

I believe that the laws in effect in California are only regarding medical marijuana. As far as I know, it is still illegal to walk around with weed in your pocket. You can only smoke it if you are in your own home and it has been prescribed to you by a medical doctor.

The only other place that I know of that has done something similar to this is Denver, CO. As someone stated above, if the State troopers catch you in Denver with weed you are probably going to jail. However, if it is just an officer from the Denver PD you only get a fine.

In Massachusetts, the law currently states that if you are caught with marijuana, regardless of the amount, you can serve a 6-month jail sentence, the matter automatically goes onto your PERMANENT record through a CORI report and you have to pay a fine of up to $500.

The new law, if it holds, will remove the threat of the permanent mark, eliminates the jail sentence for minor marijuana posession charges, and reduces the fine to $100.

However, since this is a state wide law, I don't think that the State Troopers of Massachusetts can impose a more severe punishment than the law dictates because they are State. If any enforcement agency of the Federal government catches you, then you are probably screwed.

http://sensiblemarijuanapolicy.org/about-initiative

Again, I am not 100% what marijuana law is in California.
Quote by Seryaph
The only other place that I know of that has done something similar to this is Denver, CO. As someone stated above, if the State troopers catch you in Denver with weed you are probably going to jail. However, if it is just an officer from the Denver PD you only get a fine.

Ann Arbor, Michigan mofo.

Cannabis only nets you a civil infraction (or something) which is a fine, for whatever quantity you possess. Just check the wiki article.
Quote by bajeda
Ann Arbor, Michigan mofo.

Cannabis only nets you a civil infraction (or something) which is a fine, for whatever quantity you possess. Just check the wiki article.

Ah, that is cool. It is good to know that this kind of thing is spreading.
Quote by aaronob

We're not the first to do it, and I know Cali already has similar laws, which I haven't bothered to become familiar with.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!