what kind of wood should i use, and how should i shape it?
my action is about 1mm too high and i can't lower the bridge any more.
i've check the neck relief and its about .5mm so there isn't too much more i can do there.
should i get something that just tilts the neck backwards? or should i get like a platform that raises the whole neck equally?

thanks
like your title says, just use a shim to tilt the neck. If youve never done it, take it to a luthier or a local guitar repair shop for some help.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by sethp
what kind of wood should i use, and how should i shape it?
my action is about 1mm too high and i can't lower the bridge any more.
i've check the neck relief and its about .5mm so there isn't too much more i can do there.
should i get something that just tilts the neck backwards? or should i get like a platform that raises the whole neck equally?

thanks
You have 3 choices:

1 - use a flat shim to raise the neck about 1~1.5 mm.
2 - use a thinner tapered shim to raise the end of the neck heel more.
3 - plane the neck heel so the part farther from the end is shorter.
this will angle the neck back without the need for a shim.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ive taken some import guitars apart and they had used the little plastic straps wrapped around boxes as shims. I have used automotive feeler gauges to do it before. They come in precision thicknesses just cut it down to size and put it under the heel closest to the body between the 2 screws.
^ Haha yeah I had that on my Yamaha.

It was a piece of an Egg carton. With writing on it. "...ade A Larg"... cut off.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I have part of a gift card shimming the neck on one of mine. I figure metal would probably be better for transferring vibrations, but I was at school when I shimmed it, so I didn't have metal to work with. I've been too lazy to fix it, as the guitar sounds good and sustains as well as most I've played.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia