sorry if this is in the wrong forum.......but does anyone have any good websites that could help me get started learning to read? if you know how to read, how did you learn and how long did it take you?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i'm not an expert at reading music,but i can read music. first you have to learn all of the notes on the guitar so if someone points at a random fret you know the note. also you should have a chart with all the notes written from highest to lowest. right next to the chart you should have your piece of music you'll use to practice. eventually from using the chart you should be able to find the notes on the sheet music. that's how i learned to read music. if i got anything wrong or someone disagrees with me, don't eat me alive.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i'm not an expert at reading music,but i can read music. first you have to learn all of the notes on the guitar so if someone points at a random fret you know the note. also you should have a chart with all the notes written from highest to lowest. right next to the chart you should have your piece of music you'll use to practice. eventually from using the chart you should be able to find the notes on the sheet music. that's how i learned to read music. if i got anything wrong or someone disagrees with me, don't eat me alive.

can you tell what tempo it's at, and play it exactly how it is? i know all of the notes on a guitar in every spot already......
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
can you tell what tempo it's at, and play it exactly how it is? i know all of the notes on a guitar in every spot already......

it usually tells you the tempo at the top of the page. guess i also forgot to include how to read rhythms also.
Quote by LP51122
I plan to learn more theory after i learn to read.

no you have to learn the WHOLE music theory before you learn to read

its important to get music theory down
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Incorrect. I don't know all this music theory, but I can read music fine. They go hand in hand, but in the end you can use either without the other.
Not a huge fan of bees
For music theory, If I learned this, do you think I'd be able to write music easier?

I can play it just fine, but I wanna write my own solo's.