Hi, my question is on the last note of the first chord for 3 Doors Down Kryptonite. For those of you who more than likely can play this song in your sleep, I can't. When it comes to that last note, on the first chord. Do you lift your all your fingers when you play that note or just your pinky? Sorry if it sounds confusing, I will revise if the responses require it.
That's what I do. If I just lift my pinky it slows me down, plus its hit or miss on buzzing.
When you play the final open note of each chord, lift all your fingers - you have time to change the position of your fretting hand to the next chord.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
browar, Should I apply that technique to all songs or just this song in particular?
apply it to any song you think it will help with. Im a pinky lifter but for this song just hit it when you make the switch to the next chord ie: in transition
Quote by ar_ryan
Hi, my question is on the last note of the first chord for 3 Doors Down Kryptonite. For those of you who more than likely can play this song in your sleep, I can't. When it comes to that last note, on the first chord. Do you lift your all your fingers when you play that note or just your pinky? Sorry if it sounds confusing, I will revise if the responses require it.

haha... i had to go grab my guitar and play it, i havent played this song in forever...

i lift all my fingers except my index on the A string for that last note and while I'm hitting that note, I simultaneously fret the 3rd fret on the low E string for the G.

By the way, I don't play this with the barre chords like most people do, I learned it long before I even knew about barre chords from a tab and this way just feels more natural.
It seems to be a overwhelming consensus that I strum that note during the "transistion" (Thanks Mullet). I have gotten better at the change, since I first posted this, so feel good all of your advice as helped.