so i was dumb enough to let my mom pick me up strings... i said get DR .10's but she got ernie ball regular slinky's. i have floyd rose and i heard that SUPER slinky's dont work cus they stretch too much. would regular slinky's work with floyd rose or should i go get new strings?

its floating floyd rose by the way
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
Who told you that Super Slinky's wouldn't work? They're wrong. They do stretch, but like any other brand or gauge, all strings stretch initially. That's normal, so just have patience with the strings.

I have a floating Floyd on my Kramer (and I PREFER Super Slinky's over anything else), and if you put them on like before you leave or something, they're stretched as much as they're going to be within an hour, maybe less. Yes, it does take time, but all strings stretch, and after they're "stretching period" is over, you're going to stay more or less in tune.

Since Regular Slinky's are just a heavier gauge, they'll work pretty well, just make sure not to get frustrated too early because you want to play right off the bat. Let the guitar and strings sit for an hour or so (go do homework or watch YouTube videos or something), and they'll hold the intonation MUCH better than if you were to start playing the guitar immediately after you put new strings on (which nobody would do and expect perfect intonation).
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Last edited by Idiosyncracy at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by Idiosyncracy
Who told you that Super Slinky's wouldn't work? They're wrong. They do stretch, but like any other brand or gauge, all strings stretch initially. That's normal, so just have patience with the strings.

I have a floating Floyd on my Kramer (and I PREFER Super Slinky's over anything else), and if you put them on like before you leave or something, they're stretched as much as they're going to be within an hour, maybe less. Yes, it does take time, but all strings stretch, and after they're "stretching period" is over, you're going to stay more or less in tune.

Since Regular Slinky's are just a heavier gauge, they'll work pretty well, just make sure not to get frustrated too early because you want to play right off the bat. Let the guitar and strings sit for an hour or so (go do homework or watch YouTube videos or something), and they'll hold the intonation MUCH better than if you were to start playing the guitar immediately after you put new strings on (which nobody would do and expect perfect intonation).

he's right