So I'm talkin to this guy at school (college mutha****as) and he's tellin me about what kinda amp i should get since i play a lot of metal (and he's one of those "I know everything you don't" kind of dudes. and get this. hes afraid of the sun hahaha the real sun, you know in the sky hahaha he's like "ahhh it burns" hahahaha but anyway) he says i should go for the 5150 or a Sunn Model T (and I'm like nahhh). I'm leaning towards the 6505 + because it's you know...available and new and all that good stuff. i dont really wanna buy a used amp and cab from some fat kid who used to play guitar. so i ask you guys, the most knowledgable people on teh interwebz, what i should do.

Money is no issue. cuz im a g like that. HOLLA get at me bitches!
The 5150 is the exact same amp as the 6505. The 5150 II is the exact same amp as the 6505+.

Buying new is a waste of money imo.

Model Ts own.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yea see thats what i thought. they are the same right?

he's like NOOOOO 5150 is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better (skeets in pants)

Did you do any research on these amps?

The 6505 + is exactly the same as the 5150 just minus an input, some gain, and maybe some other features you wouldn't even notice. Buying new is vastly over rated unless you're buying a P.O.S. that you plan on breaking within the given warrantee.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
They're identical in every way apart from the model name
ohai little sig.
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom

Did you do any research on these amps?

The 6505 + is exactly the same as the 5150 just minus an input, some gain, and maybe some other features you wouldn't even notice. Buying new is vastly over rated unless you're buying a P.O.S. that you plan on breaking within the given warrantee.

this dude says that they put more quality work into the 5150 and that the 6505 is all machine made so it sucks

truth? or fiction?
Quote by RazorbackDevil
this dude says that they put more quality work into the 5150 and that the 6505 is all machine made so it sucks

truth? or fiction?

lmfao. tell him he's totally right. the new 6505; even though it has exactly the same schematics and everything is built from totally digitally recreated parts and manufactured by new robots that put everything together with not a care for quality control.

and then slap him with your peter across the face.

On a more serious note. Maybes he's talking about the stock tubes that come in the 6505? Does anybody know if they used ruby tubes in the original 5150?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
lmfao. tell him he's totally right. the new 6505; even though it has exactly the same schematics and everything is built from totally digitally recreated parts and manufactured by new robots that put everything together with not a care for quality control.

On a more serious note. Maybes he's talking about the stock tubes that come in the 6505? Does anybody know if they used ruby tubes in the original 5150?

i like that peter slap part...
I'm sort of having trouble understanding your question/rant because of your high level of stupidity. Umm... maybe don't use your own commentary that sounds like it was written by the slow kid in the special ed class?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom

Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
Does anybody know if they used ruby tubes in the original 5150?

When I bought my 5150 Combo, it had the original tubes in it (Rubys). Mine was a Script version though, not the Blockletter, the Blockletter version supposedly came with better stock tubes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The 5150 is the exact same amp as the 6505. The 5150 II is the exact same amp as the 6505+.

Buying new is a waste of money imo.

Model Ts own.

+1, go used new is for n00bz.
Quote by MatrixClaw
When I bought my 5150 Combo, it had the original tubes in it (Rubys). Mine was a Script version though, not the Blockletter, the Blockletter version supposedly came with better stock tubes.

Well then I have no idea. I still need to change my tubes haha. I don't really feel like shelling out money when I don't need to though.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
I'm sort of having trouble understanding your question/rant because of your high level of stupidity. Umm... maybe don't use your own commentary that sounds like it was written by the slow kid in the special ed class?

Yeah well **** YOU