Title says it all. Anyone here work at Best Buy? I was wondering how hard it was to get a job there. I sent in my second application to work in music/software/gaming as well as customer service.

Thanks in advance for any helpful or lulz worthy replies
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
lol, you don't wanna work there. I remember a couple of years ago I got a job there and quit after the first day. The people are way to retarded, belligerent and ignorant to deal with for the wage that best buy pays you.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
my friend got a job there and he was an idiot. you can at least type on a computer, so you should be alright.

on a related note, as anyone checked out their new music section? i was actually impressed with what they had. i was expecting some starcasters and squiers, but they were stocked with gibsons, i think i saw a prs, i looked a nice vox ac30. they even had arrogant pricks as their salespeople! it was awesome.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
i work for best buy. its a pretty sweet place to work. not to mention my store is one of the few getting a music department in it early next year so i get to transfer in there and do what i actually love.

but to answer your question, it takes a while for them to pull apps. i had to apply 3-4 times. but when they do its pretty easy. they just want personality in their employees. they can teach you w/e you dont already know.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
i work for best buy. its a pretty sweet place to work. not to mention my store is one of the few getting a music department in it early next year so i get to transfer in there and do what i actually love.

but to answer your question, it takes a while for them to pull apps. i had to apply 3-4 times. but when they do its pretty easy. they just want personality in their employees. they can teach you w/e you dont already know.

Thanks for the help. I'm in high school right now and I can't really think of a better job in the s***hole of a town I live in. What's the rate on the employee discount? Kinda curious as to how much a 360 will be if I get the job.

By the way, congrats on gettin to transfer to the music section. That's awesome. I wish my store would get one but a s***hole of a town doesn't get that kind of special treatment. Oh well, there's a GC just down the road, so I'm covered
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by no1flyhalf
my friend got a job there and he was an idiot. you can at least type on a computer, so you should be alright.

on a related note, as anyone checked out their new music section? i was actually impressed with what they had. i was expecting some starcasters and squiers, but they were stocked with gibsons, i think i saw a prs, i looked a nice vox ac30. they even had arrogant pricks as their salespeople! it was awesome.

You don't like it you don't have to shop there.

Why is it there is always someone to bitch about something?
no problem. the employee discount is un-godly. although we dont get discounts on computers, ipods and.........platforms. sooo a 360 would be just as much for me as it would be for you. but our discount on other shit is whatever best buy pays for it(cost) plus 5%. so if they paid a dollar i pay $1.05. its so sick on some things.

also on your app make sure you answered strongly disagree/agree on just about everything. the app gets scored better that way. just make sure you answer what they want to hear lol
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
lol noob you want to work there to get a discount on a video game. just buy a refurb one damn. sucking your soul away working at best buy is worth the $15 you will save on a 360 console? ROFL>
Well Enough Alone
Quote by Natrone
Thanks for the help. I'm in high school right now and I can't really think of a better job in the s***hole of a town I live in. What's the rate on the employee discount? Kinda curious as to how much a 360 will be if I get the job.

By the way, congrats on gettin to transfer to the music section. That's awesome. I wish my store would get one but a s***hole of a town doesn't get that kind of special treatment. Oh well, there's a GC just down the road, so I'm covered

You're not getting a discount on an Xbox.
You're*
Quote by axethrower13
no problem. the employee discount is un-godly. although we dont get discounts on computers, ipods and.........platforms. sooo a 360 would be just as much for me as it would be for you. but our discount on other shit is whatever best buy pays for it(cost) plus 5%. so if they paid a dollar i pay $1.05. its so sick on some things.

also on your app make sure you answered strongly disagree/agree on just about everything. the app gets scored better that way. just make sure you answer what they want to hear lol

You pay more? o.0
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
You pay more? o.0

yeah? they have to make something on the stuff we buy. or else they would lose money on everything an employee bought. which is the reason why we dont get discounts on the things i mentioned--they're already sold at cost.

but im cool wiht paying only 5% more. i still get literally thousands of dollars off some tv's.
Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by CaptainRon
Yeah if you can afford those T.V.'s on your 7-8 dollar an hour salary.

tons of people who work there make more than that. sure min wage kids wont be able to afford it but for the managers and supervisors sure can. and if you have roommates like i do, getting 1200 bucks scrounged up for a 3000 dollar tv isnt too hard.
Quote by drop-dead666