I really have heard great things about the MXR 10 Band, but i don't like the size and that it is an 18v.

Are there some good alternatives that are 9v, a bit smaller, and maybe cheaper as well?

I've heard decent things about the Danelectro Fish and Chips, but the super low price worries me.

Thank You!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Nov 5, 2008,
The Fish n' Chips is pretty highly regarded, it's worth a look.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
The Fish n' Chips is pretty highly regarded, it's worth a look.

I'm really liking the sound of it, as long as it isn't gonna stop working after a week lol.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm really liking the sound of it, as long as it isn't gonna stop working after a week lol.

As long as you don't plan on jumping on it I think it would be ok, but test it out and read some reviews first.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
As long as you don't plan on jumping on it I think it would be ok, but test it out and read some reviews first.

But the big question is if playing da brutalz through it will blow it up lol.

thanks for the help, gonna check out some reviews and grab one, it's 30 bucks so wth.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^yeah I'm right behind you. I can afford the MXRs but from what I hear the FnC is just as good if you're not gigging.

not so much on the Boss ass.

Yea the boss did not impress me at all.

I'm not gigging any till next year probably. so if i need to get something else then, its only 30 dollars spent on something that will vastly improve my tone.

and it's so cheap i can throw in a phase 90 for the same price as the mxr 10 band by itself

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
just to add to the thread (and hopefully not hi-jacking), has anybody tried the BYOC 10 band EQ? ive heard some good things about it and its certainly a much cheaper option than the MXR
Quote by Diamond Dave
just to add to the thread (and hopefully not hi-jacking), has anybody tried the BYOC 10 band EQ? ive heard some good things about it and its certainly a much cheaper option than the MXR

That doesn't look too friendly to me lol!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

yeah the Dano for $30 is well spent

in australia they cost about the same as the boss, which is something like $150+

the MXR 6 band costs about $215 i think and the 10 band is about $330

the BYOC is only $135, hence my interest
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^so start your own thread

i support aussies anywhere i can bro

Aussies rulezor! Parkway Drive and IKTPQ FTW

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^so start your own thread

i support aussies anywhere i can bro

well i was thinking about it but the TS did say this in his first post:

Quote by Necrophagist777
Are there some good alternatives that are 9v, a bit smaller, and maybe cheaper as well?

which (provided it is a "good alternative") is the BYOC pedal exactly
Quote by Diamond Dave

I don't mind you asking questions, its a forum after all lol.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I own both a GE7 and an MXR 10 band. The MXR totally slays it in everyway possible!
The GE7 adds a TONNE of unwanted fuzz and just overall isn't a good pedal. The MXR however really allows you to shape the sound and having a gain and volume boost can also add to the potential altering of sound.
I think you should go for the MXR 6 band eq or grab a 10 band on the second hand market.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
I own both a GE7 and an MXR 10 band. The MXR totally slays it in everyway possible!
The GE7 adds a TONNE of unwanted fuzz and just overall isn't a good pedal. The MXR however really allows you to shape the sound and having a gain and volume boost can also add to the potential altering of sound.
I think you should go for the MXR 6 band eq or grab a 10 band on the second hand market.

I agree, the GE7 Looks pretty terrible.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777

That doesn't look too friendly to me lol!

I'm building an OctaFuzz kit from them right now and I'll probably build their EQ when I'm done. The OctaFuzz build isn't too bad, but then again I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I have a full lab with a dedicated soldering station at my disposal... If you didn't have any equipment or experience, it probably isn't worth it fiscally. I'm the type that just loves to build things so I would've gone this route even if it weren't cost effective.

-J
I really didn't think the GE7 was that bad when I tried it awhile back. The Fish n Chips will have the same pitfall of having a so-so to outright horrible bypass (EQ pedals seem to attract this, particularly cheap ones). I would not let that concern me if you plan on leaving it on. One thing I will add though, is try it with the same amp and pickups you use, as they can have different effects in each rig that can be good or bad for you.
Quote by Nims
I'm building an OctaFuzz kit from them right now and I'll probably build their EQ when I'm done. The OctaFuzz build isn't too bad, but then again I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I have a full lab with a dedicated soldering station at my disposal... If you didn't have any equipment or experience, it probably isn't worth it fiscally. I'm the type that just loves to build things so I would've gone this route even if it weren't cost effective.

-J

I don't like building things and i dont have the tools, I have no desire to build one. It was the other guy in the thread that wanted to do a BYOC.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I don't like building things and i dont have the tools, I have no desire to build one. It was the other guy in the thread that wanted to do a BYOC.

I was speaking to whomever was interested, I just quoted you for the picture
MXR 6 band or Danelectro Fish n' Chips.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by PixieDust13
ive had a fish n chips for about 3 years and its still kicking and works great.

Nice! thanx for the info guys, i'm pretty sure im getting one now.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Diamond Dave

hey...no worries. It was late and I was sleeping at the wheel
Quote by Horlicks
The 10 band is much smaller than it looks IRL.

This. It's not that big really.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?