Can someone please explain why everyone completely disses dragonforce?

i dont want no crappy responses like cause herman li is a tool or shit like that

and yes i know they accelerate their songs
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Because of idiots like you.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
because none guitarists and guitar hero player are like "oooh dragonforce are the greatest, ive never seen somebody play guitar so well" etc etc which isnt true
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Im not keen on them because they don't play with their heart, only their head.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i think its because herman li is a tool
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by darkrikku
no its beacuse they get -5000 for not being able to play there songs live

This is a fairly widespread rumour that in my experience is completely untrue. I saw them live last year, and they both put on a really good show, and sounded... uhh... how they sound on the ablums, which I was really into at the time, so I'll say they sounded good.

I used to really like them, but now for the most part I find them annoying. I still like some of the slower songs. Valley of the Damned wasn't a bad album, they had things other than "loooool, we play real fast and make video game noises". Inhuman Rampage and Sonic Firestorm... I did like, for about 6-12 months or something. Then I started to find it really, really boring.

Also, while I'm not going to claim that Sam/Li are really bad guitarists from a technical point of view, it seems like they get way more praise from fans than they deserve in that regard.

Finally, the vocals can be pretty hard to take. I didn't really like them even when I was listening to DragonForce alot, and it's probably the main reason I don't listen to the songs of theirs that I do still kind of like more often.

So there's a bunch of reasons that they cop flak.

To each his own though, I suppose. If you like what they're doing, don't let people tell you your opinion is wrong, or stop liking them because it's not cool. Probably important if you listen to any kind of metal, seeing as in all likelyhood the vast majority of people you meet will have no appreciation for it.
Actually they ARE good guitar player, of course they edit their songs in studio (but who doesn't?). Instead of flaming them, why don't you try to play their songs at studio speed, clean and with no errors? I'm sure that you can't too

The fact that their songs are boring and all similar is another story.
Also Sam Totman has the personality of a crusty turd.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by troubletcat
This is a fairly widespread rumour that in my experience is completely untrue. I saw them live last year, and they both put on a really good show, and sounded... uhh... how they sound on the ablums, which I was really into at the time, so I'll say they sounded good.

I used to really like them, but now for the most part I find them annoying. I still like some of the slower songs. Valley of the Damned wasn't a bad album, they had things other than "loooool, we play real fast and make video game noises". Inhuman Rampage and Sonic Firestorm... I did like, for about 6-12 months or something. Then I started to find it really, really boring.

Also, while I'm not going to claim that Sam/Li are really bad guitarists from a technical point of view, it seems like they get way more praise from fans than they deserve in that regard.

Finally, the vocals can be pretty hard to take. I didn't really like them even when I was listening to DragonForce alot, and it's probably the main reason I don't listen to the songs of theirs that I do still kind of like more often.

So there's a bunch of reasons that they cop flak.

To each his own though, I suppose. If you like what they're doing, don't let people tell you your opinion is wrong, or stop liking them because it's not cool. Probably important if you listen to any kind of metal, seeing as in all likelyhood the vast majority of people you meet will have no appreciation for it.

ok i didnt mean sam, sam is amazing at acoustic

my acoustic fender is named sam beacuse of him
so yeah
but herman, he has alot of dubbing on him,
not saying they suck, there new album is great
Quote by Poglia
Actually they ARE good guitar player, of course they edit their songs in studio (but who doesn't?). Instead of flaming them, why don't you try to play their songs at studio speed, clean and with no errors? I'm sure that you can't too

The fact that their songs are boring and all similar is another story.

What has it do with us being able to play it clean. They can't play it so why should we. If anyone receives kudo's it's the producer. He's the real artist.

I mean to turn shit guitar playing into insane guitar solo's is the producers work, not herman or sam's work.

And I would like to see footage of stuff played live recently. And dont'say it's shit camera quality, cause there are 1000000 of vids of other players who still sound good on mobile phone camera's.

Unless of course all the dragonforce fans have a shit video camera's, but this coincidence is too big to be true.

If you like their music, not gonna comment on that. To each his own. But that they are "guitar gods" is just not true.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 5, 2008,
thers no emotion to there music
im not saying fast stuff has no emotion because if you watch yngwei malmsteem play youll see that its very possible to play fast and still give your music emotional strength
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by xxdarrenxx
What has it do with us being able to play it clean. They can't play it so why should we. If anyone receives kudo's it's the producer. He's the real artist.

I mean to turn shit guitar playing into insane guitar solo's is the producers work, not herman or sam's work.

And I would like to see footage of stuff played live recently. And dont'say it's shit camera quality, cause there are 1000000 of vids of other players who still sound good on mobile phone camera's.

Unless of course all the dragonforce fans have a shit video camera's, but this coincidence is too big to be true.

If you like their music, not gonna comment on that. To each his own. But that they are "guitar gods" is just not true.

They actually produce their own stuff. Just putting that out there...
Quote by stratsrule1990
thers no emotion to there music
im not saying fast stuff has no emotion because if you watch yngwei malmsteem play youll see that its very possible to play fast and still give your music emotional strength

Ever heard of Steve Vai? Listen to his music, then you'll think even Malmsteen's songs have the emotional depth of a horse turd.
Let alone Herman Ri.

Cheers
ZeG
They're trying to hard to be metal.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Because Inhumane Rampage was just one continious song.... That never ended...

Other then that it's cause they can't play live well, accpet the Keyboard player who's ****in' insane...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Sabbath89
They're trying to hard to be metal.

All Aboard the Failtrain!

I dont like DF btw.
Hey hey im new an i av an answer 2 tht question

It's because they are so rediculus and over the top. also the guitarists must have 2 av no social lives to b that gud.

They are very good and the guitarists own but they are jst 2 gd.

That the reason i believe tht evry1 disses thm.

Toaster
Quote by Toaster.123
Hey hey im new an i av an answer 2 tht question

It's because they are so rediculus and over the top. also the guitarists must have 2 av no social lives to b that gud.

They are very good and the guitarists own but they are jst 2 gd.

That the reason i believe tht evry1 disses thm.

Toaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Its all the hype they have, i think because of guitar hero.
They're just a band you would listen to for the fun rather than something to listen to seriously.
I'm sorry, but if I leave this open, i'll be open to the risk of my brain cells disintegrating.

Take it to the Dragonforce thread.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link