Page 1 of 4
In your personal opinion, what incident do you consider as the most tragic in nature?
The Holocaust? World War I? the Armenian Genocide? Rwandan Genocide?
This is your opinion, it doesn't have to be true.

Mention it and say the reason why.

As being Japanese myself, I think the two Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the two tragic incidents.
Cannibal Holocaust.

Srsly, the Holocaust
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
The dinosaurs.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
There isn't really varying levels of tragedy. I mean, if something is tragic, it's tragic. You can't say a million Jewish people dying is better/worse than a million Japanese people dying.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Jesus being resurrected in California, and no-one taking any notice of him becaue they marked him down as just another funny cultist.

EDIT: Pokemon. Seriously.
Quote by breadstick
There isn't really varying levels of tragedy. I mean, if something is tragic, it's tragic. You can't say a million Jewish people dying is better/worse than a million Japanese people dying.

But it wasn't a million Jews and it wasn't a million Japanese. It was around 400,000 with the bombings and it was 6,000,000 that were tortured and killed in death camps. Not to be the bad guy here but I think the Jews had it worse.
You all know stalin killed off 10 million people also? He purged his country of communist "traitors" and had around 10mil dead within a month.
The Holocaust is overrated and wasnt just jews, it was any minority or individual who wouldnt follow hitler.
Although Hitler had a hate for jews because when he was trying to become an artist before going to jail every art school rejected him saying he was "unfit to paint".
All of those art schools were run by jews.
And for the record hitler was agreat painter.
Learn your stuff people...
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by breadstick

+1

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
You can't just compare tragedies like that.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
When George H. W. and Barbara decided that last glass of wine wasn't pushing it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by LaGrange
You all know stalin killed off 10 million people also? He purged his country of communist "traitors" and had around 10mil dead within a month.
The Holocaust is overrated and wasnt just jews, it was any minority or individual who wouldnt follow hitler.
Although Hitler had a hate for jews because when he was trying to become an artist before going to jail every art school rejected him saying he was "unfit to paint".

YEAH
AND HITLERS GRANDMA WAS JEWISH!!!!
Quote by LaGrange

yeah Stalin was a mad MoFo, but I didn't know about that.

Thx.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by JeanMi36
You can't just compare tragedies like that.

Agreed. And basing their worth on numbers is just atrocious.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Agreed. And basing their worth on numbers is just atrocious.

The loss of your teeth. I cried man. Like a baby.

With something in it's eye.

After watching Steel Magnolia's

Who's just stubbed it's toe.

And is hungry.

And who is a republican.
Quote by Old Lady
when curt kobaynz died

when ian curtyz died
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I don't know... a part of me says that killing and torturing 6 million people for racist reasons is worse than killing 10 million for pure megalomanic reasons... then again that's not right, is it?
Quote by LordBishek
The loss of your teeth. I cried man. Like a baby.

With something in it's eye.

After watching Steel Magnolia's

Who's just stubbed it's toe.

And is hungry.

And who is a republican.

**** you man I got implants
Quote by Sanitarium91
then again that's not right, is it?

Well I do believe the TS said state your opinion and that no-one is necessarily right.
sig goes here
Quote by LaGrange

And Mao is responsible for upwards of 40,000,000 deaths due to his shitty policies, corruption and stupid hair.
We don't need to get all History Elitist here, k?

But in my opinion, WWII and all the related mass-deaths (Holocaust etc) would be well up there.
Member of the Laney Cult
Well, interestingly, when you mention the holocaust the Japanese massacred more Far Easterns than Jews.
I also kind of believe that we deserved the bombings for what we have done to the other Asians from Koreans to the Indonesians.

Yes the Spice Girls' success was a tragedy.
Quote by LordBishek

<.<

>.>

Say, would you like to come over to my master's evil lair?
Quote by wizards?
But it wasn't a million Jews and it wasn't a million Japanese. It was around 400,000 with the bombings and it was 6,000,000 that were tortured and killed in death camps. Not to be the bad guy here but I think the Jews had it worse.

The numbers were just for an example.

It's not as simple as saying "oh, more people died here therefore it's worse".

Human lives should not just be statistics.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by radomu
In your personal opinion, what incident do you consider as the most tragic in nature?

As being Japanese myself, I think the two Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the two tragic incidents.

you just cant compare things like that, its unfair

Quote by 18th_Angel
The electing of a black man.

reported
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at Nov 5, 2008,
The Rape Of Nanking. Japanese soldiers basically did every disgusting thing you could thing of, including raping women and infants, forcing daughters and fathers to have sex, burying people alive, mutilation and competitions to see who would be the first to behead 100 people. They killed hundreds of thousands of people and the Japanese government still deny it happened to this day.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by radomu

Hmmm, y'see, you asked for the most tragic in 'nature'
Holocausts, wars, genocides ect are not what I would call 'natural' which is why I said the 1918 flu pandemic which killed up to 100 million people.
The biggest man made disaster? Probably WW2. Over 70 million people were killed during WW2, the majority of them civilians, making it the deadliest conflict in human history, closely followed by WW1 which was responsible for over 40 million casualties.

Quote by 18th_Angel
The electing of a black man.

Care to explain your point?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 5, 2008,
The day someone in the Pit discovered people reacted favourably to the word 'fap.'

EDIT-Wait, wrong century. Damn fail.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Rape Of Nanking. Japanese soldiers basically did every disgusting thing you could thing of, including raping women and infants, forcing daughters and fathers to have sex, burying people alive, mutilation and competitions to see who would be the first to behead 100 people. They killed hundreds of thousands of people and the Japanese government still deny it happened to this day.

That's sickening.

Please don't wikipedia it if you want to sleep easily.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
That's sickening.

Please don't wikipedia it if you want to sleep easily.

Yea, should've put a disclaimer in there somewhere

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Yea, should've put a disclaimer in there somewhere

Sheez, you guys didn't know about the rape of Nanking? That's sad.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Yeah, that's about as bad as humans can get, I suppose it depends what you mean by 'tragic', the biggest loss of life or the vilest human behaviour?
I read about that a few weeks ago, because someone mentioned it in a very similar thread.
Page 1 of 4