So two weeks ago, I spent four days jamming with my band and did a show on Saturday night. After that, my elbow and left arm started to hurt. It didn't go away. It got the the point where it hurt to pick up a can of soda with my left arm.

I went to the doctor yesterday and was told I have "Tennis Elbow" (Lateral Epicondylitis). Now I have to do excrcises for a year and wear a tennis elbow band around my forearm.

The doctor didn't tell me to stop playing guitar (as if), but I guess I'll be taking it easy on an electric with light strings for a while.

Am I the only person who's ever done this? I didn't see a thread about it on these forums already.
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
Last edited by jfbrown42 at Nov 5, 2008,
I have Golfer's Elbow, which is the same but just on the other side of the elbow. But then I have weak ligaments.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Does it make it tough to play guitar?
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
I have Drivers Penis, my fancy car covers up the fact its a tiddler.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
My elbow will ache if I play alot of fast songs for several days in a row. I just chill out for a week and its good to go again.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I've got tennis neck shoulders and back from my acoustic guitar at the moment, just made a thread about it seeking help. ****ing annoying cha'!