So yeah, i've been playing a lot of JBT lately, and the open C tuning feels so good to play in.
I dont feel like i'm ready to start composing anything in this yet, so in the meantime - Could UG suggest any other songs in open C? preferably chilled and challenging.

- No more john butler trio, i've ridden that horse as far as it'll go-
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
tune to open c 6th (CACGCE) and learn Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin
great song if you like fingerpicking.
Skinny Love by Bon Iver is in CGEGCC and its pretty fun to mess around with.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
finger picking i do like, and a zep one at that! haha

but more! more variety! i must have MOAR!
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Bruce Cockburn-
Foxglove, Sunrise on the Mississippi
Leo Kottke: Busted Bicycle
Open C Friends - Led Zeppelin
The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams it's Heaven and Hell
pretty much all strapping young lad stuff s in CGCGCE
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Devin Townsend Band
Abum-Accelerated Evolution
Song-DEADHEAD
(i only found the tabs on Guitar Pro but if you just listen to it its just epic)
Open C tuning was used by Mick Ralphs on Bad Company's debut album, for the songs "Can't Get Enough" and "Movin' On." Why? According to Wikipedia, Ralphs said, "It needs the open C to have that ring," and "it never really sounds right in standard tuning."
Last edited by witzelwords at Oct 14, 2014,
Definitely Ben Howard ^^^ ... He's a massive inspiration to me when I started finger style ...

Varying tunings is a great way to progress on guitar, and it adds more variety of techniques for advancing and developing..
Here's a link if you have time for something I recently put on YouTube with some faster finger style/ pick and go http://youtu.be/hNh9wc4YWX0
Ewan Dobson plays pretty much exclusively in Open C and sometimes Cminor (CGCGCEb). Some of his stuff his quite difficult but he does have some relatively chill songs, check out Springing Back To Life and My Nightmare. If you're really feeling ambitious, you can check out Thomas Leeb's Grooveyard (cminor tuning). Maneli Jamal plays a lot in CGCGCC, check out Alleviation, it's a slow piece and not to difficult) and Calum graham's song it is what is, though in BbFbfFBbBb, can be played a tone higher using CGCGCC as well.
Last edited by Jimjambanx at Jan 3, 2015,