Just wondering what you guys think of this? I've still got some USD tied up in my paypal account, and I've got enough to buy one of these and import it. I think for $190, it looks like an insane deal!

And if I was to buy one over here, it would cost me more than a Randall RH50T! My countries economy fails.
It's good for classic rock and blues, and maybe some indie.

Not a metal machine.
Backup amp and for school, going to be used with my pedal board or a pod x3 live. I'm doing MP at uni, so I play different styles every week!

I like what I heard in the 5 minutes I was allowed with it, but I has broken wrist So playing it again soon is out of the question. That and my brother comes back from the states in 2 weeks!
Last edited by LawnChair at Nov 6, 2008,
Word on the street about the V series is that they are acceptable at best, out of the box. The limiting factor is the horrendous speaker(s). With a speaker and tube swap, they can be godly. There's a big ass thread about the V18 on Harmony Central that comes up on google. I nearly bought a V18 before they all sold out, just to tinker with it. I believe the V33 has 2 speakers, so that drives the price of the switch up a bit. As I recall people liked the V18 with an Eminence Wizard. (It also became loud as hell at 103dB sensitivity)
Also, the ability to match the head with various cab/speaker combinations is a major selling point IMO.
Oops, I was thinking of the combo version. Yeah the head will allow you to use whatever speaker you want, which should really open up the tone.
Even with the combo though, it's a little muddy but after breaking in the speakers over a month, it's really starting to get nice sounds. I plan on switching the tubes soon and that'll add some clarity and the speakers later but it's really not that bad
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'm very seriously thinking about it. If it doesn't go well, I can sell it 2nd hand here for more than I paid for.

I'll go with my favourite combo of Tung Sol and JJs Shame I can't use my greenback cab with it
Quote by LawnChair
I'm very seriously thinking about it. If it doesn't go well, I can sell it 2nd hand here for more than I paid for.

I'll go with my favourite combo of Tung Sol and JJs Shame I can't use my greenback cab with it

A) That's a damn good deal to pass up, buy low and sell high.

B) Why can't you use your greenback cab with it?
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Quote by unet
Dude can you see if you can get any hard rock/alt rock/nu metal tones out of it?

Stock, on its own, probably not what kids these days consider "metal". Now if they learn some pick control, to use the guitars settings and things such as "less is more", it would go down great!
Quote by LawnChair
Stock, on its own, probably not what kids these days consider "metal". Now if they learn some pick control, to use the guitars settings and things such as "less is more", it would go down great!

Great answer! with a stock Palomino V33 or whatever it is (essentially the same as the Crate) I was able to dial in Black Sabbath heaviness with a Fender '57 Classic Strat.
i hear the speakers are known for blowing the transformers in this amp and i heard they blow caps and get nois. is that true?