I've been thinking of replacing at least the neck and possibly bridge pickup of my strat. A lot of info is given to you when looking on sites like seymourduncan or something. I just want to know what I really need to know, besides what sound I want before pulling the trigger. What is the resistance and rating? Should I come close to the same as the pickups I have now when dealing with resistance or output?
Thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Really depends on what your looking for.Go to youtube and listen to several different ones. Skys the limit.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Resistance is a good idea of how hot the pickup is. In general, higher resistance = higher output, but resistance itself isn't a very good specification to base it off of.

I find the DiMarzio website is the most informative in that it shows the actual output of each of their pickups and helps more than other company's websites in deciding which pickup to get without trying them out.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I've been thinking of replacing at least the neck and possibly bridge pickup of my strat. A lot of info is given to you when looking on sites like seymourduncan or something. I just want to know what I really need to know, besides what sound I want before pulling the trigger. What is the resistance and rating? Should I come close to the same as the pickups I have now when dealing with resistance or output?
Thanks.

Best thing to do is state your requirements and current rig and let people suggest things. You don't really need to worry too much about specs themselves, as long as the pickup is going to give you the results you want.

We need to know...

What amp you're using.
What's "wrong" with your tone now, or what do you feel is lacking
How do you want your tone to change,
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanka everyone!

Quote by steven seagull
Best thing to do is state your requirements and current rig and let people suggest things. You don't really need to worry too much about specs themselves, as long as the pickup is going to give you the results you want.

We need to know...

What amp you're using.
What's "wrong" with your tone now, or what do you feel is lacking
How do you want your tone to change,

Well, my amp is a TRRI. I need a neck single coil and bridge humbucker. As for the neck...I like it, I can live with it, but some downpoints are:
-need a little more sustain
-need slightly warmer tone
-need less noise

With the bridge HB, I really don't not like it, just want something different after 2 years. I play classic rock, alternative/indie, blues, reggae/ska, and some punk.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
From what I've looked into, for the bridge, I was thinking the Seymour Duncan or GFS '59, or the JB, Pearly Gates, or Alnico II from SD.

Haven't looked much into SC's yet.

Any opinions on these?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
The SD Alnico II humbucker is often called the Slash pickup--he basically made it famous. It can do a lot more than his clean/overdriven tones though, and you won't suddenly sound like his tone if you drop it in. I think it's a great pickup, sounds crisp and bright clean, but provides great tones for classic rock without getting all "screechy" and sounding too "hot". Would work well for all your genres....but it is kind of expensive.

JB--classic SD pickup choice. Tons of people have these, they're a great pickup. Really versatile, good price. Go with this if you don't want to pay the money for the Alnico II, this is a good choice.

The Pearly Gates has a kind of biting sound, more pronounced mids to my ear. I think it's also kind of spiky clean, but maybe you'd dig that.....others may disagree on my thoughts on this pickup at any rate.

Hope this helps!
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....